15 ✹ The Power Couple ^

I truly cannot thank you guys enough for the engagement on this story. Over 100 comments, 400 votes, and 17000 reads. That's insane! The feedback means so much to me, because it lets me know people are actually enjoying what I put out and keeps me motivated to write. So please, keep on voting and commenting. Thanks! Love love love, slightlyunhappy. P.S. I have a fictional story titled Ransom up, and I would really appreciate it if any of you read it and provided some feedback. There's only 4 chapters up and each chapter is short so it won't take too much time! 

Request: And can you make one for me please where we are the schools most popular couple and he is the lacrosse teen captain and my best friend is Lydia. And I am the captain of the cheerleader team

I've never been a cheerleader and I know nothing about it so I hope this does it justice :P

-

Fridays, in your opinion, are always the best day of the week. Game Day. Friday means you get to come to school in your cheer uniform, looking confident as all hell (rightfully so) and repping your school that you are so proud to support.

This friday is no different as you stride through the school's entrance clad in your maroon and white uniform. As per usual, a few wandering eyes follow your movements, but you pay them no mind. A happy smile is plastered on your face as you wander through the hall to where your boyfriend, Theo, is rifling through his locker. With his back to you, he doesn't notice your arrival. As you approach, you take a moment to admire just how good his back looks, especially clad in his lacrosse jersey with his name and Team Captain proudly emblazoned on it.

Your face transforms into a playful smirk as you reach him, wrapping your arms tightly around his waist from behind and startling him. You give him a firm squeeze before loosening your grip slightly and allowing him to turn around, wrapping his own arms around you.

"Morning babe. You scared me," he says, leaning down to peck your lips before pulling back and gazing into your eyes with a smile of his own.

"That was the goal," you answer with a mischievous grin as you stand on your tippy toes and steal another kiss, this one slightly longer. "You ready for the game today? I heard Devenford got some new players this year that are really kicking ass on the field." You ask as you pull back, resting your forehead against his.

He shrugs, a smirk lighting up his features. "Nobody kicks more ass on the field than me. Besides, I'll always be ready when I've got you cheering me on."

"Babeeeeee, you're making me blush," you mumble out, pulling away and burying your face in the crook of his neck to hide your rosy cheeks.

Theo laughs, gently grabbing your head so he can see your face once again before peppering kisses on both of your cheeks. "Good. You're adorable when you blush." You make an attempt to push him away, but it fails as he ruthlessly continues the assault on your face.

He finally stops when a new voice interrupts, pulling you both out of your own little world.

"Ah, to be young and in love," Lydia says wistfully, watching you both with a smirk. "I miss those days."

"Why are you talking as if you aren't the same age as us, Lyds," you point out with a quirk of your eyebrow.

"Because I haven't been in love in a long time. You're lucky though, if I was in love with someone we would definitely be the school's most popular couple, not you two," She challenges playfully.

"As if you and your hypothetical love could beat out the captains of the lacrosse and cheerleading teams," you laugh.

Theo nods along. "We don't even need our titles. Y/n and I are so damn cute people would love us no matter what. I mean look at us," With his words, both you and Theo look at Lydia with matching puppy dog faces.

She laughs at the looks, rolling her eyes. "You two are ridiculous."

"Ridiculously in love," you counter, causing her to pretend to gag and Theo to place a peck on your cheek.

Just then, the bell rings signaling the start of the school day. Lydia waits patiently for you to say goodbye to Theo so that the two of you can walk to your next class together.

"I'll see you at lunch?" You ask, turning to Theo and wrapping your arms around his neck.

He nods, leaning forward to attach your lips in yet another passionate kiss before pulling away, placing a peck on your forehead, and waving goodbye.

You smile and turn to your best friend who is busy typing away on her phone.

"Ready for Chemistry?" You ask with a broad smile of fake enthusiasm at the prospect of class.

She shuts her phone off and nods, settling into stride beside you. You walk in silence for a few moments before speaking up.

"You know Theo and I don't actually care about being the most popular couple, right? It's all a joke- a coping mechanism sort of- for the weird attention."

Lydia nods, sending you a look of understanding. "Honey don't worry, I know. Jackson and I were the exact same way freshman year. We didn't want all of the attention, but we had it, so it was easier to joke about it than to take it seriously."

"Good. I just don't want you to think I'm becoming conceited or stuck up or anything," you reply with worry.

She shakes her head. "Nope. You're still plain ole, down-to-earth y/n."

You smile, bumping your shoulder against hers and continuing on your way to class as the conversation switches to the latest gossip at Beacon Hills High.

-

At 8:00pm, you stand on the sideline of the lacrosse field, watching with a proud smile as Theo leads the team out.

"Alright ladies, Let's Go! C-Y, C-Y-C, C-Y-C-L-O-N-E, CYCLONES! GO, GO, GO CYCLONES! LET'S GO!" You lead the cheer to warm up the crowd, signaling the girls to execute a few unique lifts and stunts while the refs get ready to start the game.

A few minutes later, the whistle finally blows and your eyes are trained on the field for the ball drop. You watch as Theo works his magic, your heart swelling with pride whenever he makes a good pass or scores a goal. After each home point you lead the team in a cheer, keeping both the players and the crowd entertained and hyped up. Occasionally between plays, Theo will glance your way and send you a quick wink or wave that you always return with equal enthusiasm.

The game passes quickly and before you know it Theo is scoring the last goal of the game, pulling the score to 3-2 just as the buzzer goes off. You lead the team in one last cheer before guiding them onto the field, raising your pom poms in the air and continuing to shout words of celebration and encouragement. As the crowd begins to make its way off the bleachers and onto the field as well, you make a beeline for Theo. When he sees you approaching, he removes his helmet and opens his arms for you to jump into. You easily oblige, leaping up and wrapping your legs around his waist and arms around his neck while his hands go to your butt to hold you up.

"You played so well, Baby!" You squeal, quickly attaching your lips to his in a passionate kiss of celebration. Your lips meld in synch, pushing and pulling and enjoying one another before coming to a halt, entirely too aware of the wandering eyes around you.

"I'm so proud of you." You inform him, smiling down brightly.

"Thanks baby," he says, leaning forward to peck you on the lips one more time. "I'm proud of you too. I could hear you cheering for me all the way across the field."

"God, are we couple goals or what?" you ask playfully, a cheesy grin on your face.

"Oh, totally. Power couple of the century," Theo agrees with humor, returning your cheesy smile with one of his own.

He places you back on your feet before intertwining his fingers with your own and gently tugging you in the direction of the rest of the team. The two of you spend the rest of the night in a blissful bubble of celebration, lost in your own happiness with no one else in mind.