23 ✹ The Birthday ^

Happy Halloween!!!

I hope everyone's day is spooky as fuck. I just got out of my first midterm and, despite procrastinating on studying until the absolute last minute and instead writing two imagines in less than two days (productivity is still productivity no matter the form, right?), I think I killed it. 

Request: "Love your writing! 💙 And could you do something where is Y/N's birthday? (P.S. My birthday is on 10th Oct, nobody cares but... yeah... I'm wierd :D)"

Can I start off by saying a very very belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I really wanted to have this up for you on the tenth, but I was busy with school and honestly just completely lacking motivation :/. Either way, I hope your birthday was great and that you enjoy this imagine! :)

-

You had always loved birthdays. Ever since you were little, you would go out of your way to make all of your friend's and family's birthdays the absolute best they could be, from gifts to parties, whatever they wanted you gave. They didn't even have to ask, you simply knew each of the important people in your life so well that you could give them exactly what they wanted.

For example, Theo. In the eyes of everyone else, Theo was a very complicated person. Always brooding, angry, or jealous. Of course, you saw a very different side of Theo. Around you only, your boyfriend would break out of his shell and show his soft side. He would open up, tell you how he was feeling, allow himself to rely on you a little bit. After nearly a year of dating, you had known exactly what to do for Theo for his birthday. He hated being around people, and he wasn't very fond of extravagance either, so you planned a simple night in for just the two of you. You had gotten take out from his favorite restaurant, rented his favorite movie, made him his favorite dessert, and later in the night you had gifted him with a brand new set of lingerie modeled by yours truly, among other things. Needless to say, it was a great night for him, and he was more than grateful for you.

Now, Theo sat on the couch of your shared apartment, staring blankly at a wall and trying to decide what to do for you on your birthday. Unfortunately for him, he didn't have the same magical sixth sense that you did when it came to giving people exactly what they want. Of course, he was your boyfriend, and he knew you well. He knew you would want a big party, with all of your friends and family, and a confetti cake. The issue was, he didn't really know how to go about planning a party like that. He didn't have the information he would need for the people to contact, or the supplies for decorations. Finally, he seceded that he wouldn't be able to do it alone and picked up his phone to call Lydia.

"Hello!" She answered in a chirpy voice after only the fourth ring, and Theo replied with a grumble.

"Lydia, can you help me plan a surprise party of Y/n's birthday?"

She gasps, and Theo can hear through the line as she claps her hands in excitement. "Of course! I'll be over in ten!"

-

True to her word, Lydia knocks sharply on the door of the apartment just a short time later.

Theo stands up from the couch and walks to the door, opening it to greet her.

"Hi!" Lydia smiles and walks in, heading to the dinner table and taking a seat. "So, what do you have so far?"

"Well," Theo begins, shutting the door and taking a seat across from her, "She loves parties, so I figured we should do something big, invite all her friends and family. I just don't know where to have it or when to have it, and how to contact everyone."

Lydia nods, listening as he speaks before making her own suggestions. "Well we can have it at my lakehouse, that way it's private and we don't have to worry about disturbing neighbors or anything like that. And her birthday is the tenth right? That's a tuesday, so we can have the party the saturday before. I have all of the contacts, so I can text people and invite them. Can you handle getting a cake and decorations yourself?"