19 ✹ The Hybrid ^

As promised in my super weird last update haha, sorry for the wait on this one! I hope you guys like it and to the person who requested: I hope this is what you had in mind! Enjoy! Love love love, slightlyunhappy

Request: "Can I have an imagine on your Theo Raeken book!! Can it be where Theo finds out I'm a hybrid and then he tells me that he loves me and then we become official x x"

P.s. I'm assuming that the requester was referring to a vampire-werewolf hybrid based off of their own stories and just the use of the term hybrid, but I'm not super familiar with the whole lore of vampire-werewolf hybrids so I'm sorry if some of this is not accurate or incorrect 

-

You had known Theo just as long as Scott and Stiles, having attended the same elementary school, and lived through his mysterious disappearance in the fourth grade. His return to Beacon Hills had been as much a shock for you as it was for them.

And just as how he was not the same person he was when you last saw him, you weren't either.

Theo had left a regular boy, and he returned a chimera, a cross between a wolf and a coyote thanks to his mixed DNA and the help of the Dread Doctors.

In a way, the two of you were similar, both having become a mixture of two different kinds of creatures, but your path to the present was much more complicated.

You were a hybrid. A mix. Both vampire and werewolf. You liked to joke that your supernatural sides were a "cheesy horror flick gone wrong".

Shortly after Theo's return, the whole pack discovered his newly acquired... traits. And he discovered theirs. Theo quickly become aware that you were a werewolf, but he thought that was all you were. He didn't know about the other half.

In fact, barely anyone knew. Besides Scott, your Alpha, and Lydia, your best friend. Everyone else was in the dark. It was too risky, and you feared rejection in the same way werewolves used to be rejected.

Fast forward to a year after Theo's return, and things were once again picking up in Beacon Hills. The return of the hunters and the wild fear plaguing the town were making things... complicated. To say the least.

Another thing that added to the complication in Beacon Hills was... feelings. Odd, but true. Ever since his return, you and Theo had gotten close. There was no doubt that you were great friends, but the lines got blurry on whether there was something more. There was a feeling when the two of you were together. It was stronger than friendship. A raw emotion. A care for one another.

And the things the two of you did together were always so date-like, though no one ever said the word, the thought was ever-present in the back of both of your minds.

Nothing was official, but as your relationship grew, you felt more and more compelled to tell him the truth about your identity. However, fear still swarmed your mind on how he would react.

-

"So what's going on with you and Theo?" Your best friend asks, turning to look at you with a mischievous smirk on her face.

You shrug. "I don't know what you're talking about..."

"Oh, come on y/n, don't give me that. When are you going to admit your feelings to him?"

"I don't know..." you let out a loud sigh, your emotions on the topic highly convoluted, "I have a lot of others things I need to admit to him first."

Lydia shakes her head. "I don't understand why you haven't just told him you're a hybrid yet. You guys are so close, I figured by now you would have fessed up."