Chapter 16

Chapter 16

{Willow}
I look at Miguel like he had grown a second head right before my eyes. "What?!" I ask as I look at him. "I came here to warn you about your father. Your sister's ex boyfriend are going to tell them what's going on, but I'm telling you so we can come up with a plan." He says and I look at him cautiously. "Why should I trust you?" I ask with a raised eyebrow. "I know that I hurt you, and I'm so sorry. I only want to help you, and I know what he's planning." He says and I take a deep breath as I nod my head. "I'm trusting you, Miguel...if I find out that you're lying to me I'm going to kill you." I say and he nods his head before he gives me a small smile. "I won't. Now let's get to school." He says and I nod my head before I start the car and we drive to school.

We get to school and get out of the car. "I think that you'll have my schedule." I say as we walk to class together. We walk in and I see William look at Miguel and I as we sit side by side. "I see that we have a new student. What's your name?" The teacher asks and Miguel stands up. "It's Miguel Herrera." He says and the teacher nods her head and smiles at him kindly. He sits back down and looks at me as I laugh. "What's so funny?" He asks and I shake my head. "Nothing." I say and he nods his head because he's used to it...sort of. I look around and see William giving me a sad smile. I wave at him and his eyes light up like a Christmas tree. Miguel looks at us and raises an eyebrow. "Who's that?" He asks and I turn around to look at the teacher. "My boyfriend." I say and Miguel nods his head approvingly. "I'm glad that you found someone else who cares about you like I do...like I should have." He says and I put a hand on his shoulder. "You did the best that you could...we were young and my dad had you wrapped around his finger. Don't beat yourself up about it." I say and hug him as the bell rings. Everyone leaves the classroom but Miguel and I. "You going to be okay, Miguel?" I ask and he nods his head. "Yeah..let's go." He says and I nod my head as we leave the classroom together.

{Later that day...}
I'm walking through the lunch line with Miguel when I see William sitting by himself. I walk over to him and take a seat right in front of him. "Hey William." I say as I take a seat in front of him with a small smile on my face. "Hey Willow!" He says excitedly as he gives me a huge hug, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulls me closer to his chest in the process. Miguel walks up to us and gives us a small smile. "Hey Willow." He says then turns to William. "You must be William Jackson....nice to meet you." He says and sticks out a hand. William takes it and they look at each other for a moment then let go. "How do you know my name?" He asks and Miguel looks at me. "I told him about you." I say quickly and he nods his head before we all sit down at the table and start to talk.