4. He may be a monster...

It felt warm. A tingling sensation at first before the feeling of my flesh starting to seal itself back together.

Louis looked at me as he took my pain. An unreadable look present in his eyes as he saw not only the immense relief wash over my face but the incredulous look that also seemed to wash over my face as I watched his hand. It's as if his hand was emitting some sort of wave energy, glowing.

Suddenly everything I've ever heard about Louis' ability was false. He didn't use it to harm people, he used it the way it longed to be used, the right way-to help people.

When Louis slowly pulled his hand away, I looked down at my chest to see no gash, the only trace of blood was the dried in stain on my shirt that had a slashing rip on it, revealing a small part of my chest.

I went to stand up when my shoulder and head both cried at me, making me slouch back wincing. I guess he could only target certain parts of the body to heal.

"Where does it hurt?" Louis asked me but his gaze was already lingering on my shoulder. I took in a breath and released it before responding.

"Shoulder and my head..I feel sick when I stand up." I say honestly looking at Louis who seems to be contemplating as he studies me critically.

"Your shoulder looks dislocated and your head..you might have a concussion, I don't know if I can fix that. As for the shoulder-"

His hand suddenly grabbed my shoulder, clamping down on it as he pushes my dislocated shoulder back into place. I scream in pain and curse at him before he's rubbing my shoulder, taking the pain away and I can't help but moan in relief. Louis chuckles at me and I blush letting my eyes roam the ceiling before looking back down at him. Just before he took his hand away, I look at him. He catches my gaze with his bright blue eyes and an array of calmness overcomes me as I sigh out.

"Thank you.."

He snorts at that, smirking at me. "Well you were in a lot of pain that seemed to escalate as the day went on.-"

"No-" I cut him off slowly. "Not only that...you saved my life." My eyes are confused but my tone is grateful. He narrows his eyes at me and continues to stare at me for several moments before I begin to feel uncomfortable under his scrutinising gaze.

He seems to shake out of it and catch himself like the way he did before. Suddenly getting up from his place in front of me on the ground and shaking himself off. I begin to get up, stopping halfway as my head began to spin but I ignore it and get to my feet, knowing full well Louis had been watching me carefully. A conflicting expression on his face before going cold.

"Get back to your cell. I'll send a nurse round first thing in the morning." He says assuringly before walking out of the canteen, leaving me alone in the large room.

After what seemed like a while, I finally managed to make my way back down the hallway holding the cells of the other rebellion fighters, their doors were closed however signalling they were in for the night. I continued down the hallway until a wide open door came into view that must have been mine. I walked into the room, small but mobile as I contemplate on shutting myself in.

I decide to close the door fully. Not knowing if I was a target to anyone or if there was bad blood between me and someone I didn't know but they may know me. Or in case any cell guards heard about Max and I's little dispute in the food hall and wanted to come join in. I shivered as I closed the door tightly, scuttling back towards the bed and lying down on my back, looking up at the ceiling. Letting the thoughts of my team and Leah engross me, my eyes finally prickling with tears.