27. Get rid of him

"So much love, the more they buried"

- 'Don't Forget About Me' by Cloves

-*-

"He's fine." Lucy states, her heartbeat hammering as she turns around to a very emotion filled Louis. His eyes dark as he was about to reach for her neck, to snap it between his fingers because she had failed him but he doesn't. He looks at her with wide eyes. His heart hammering in his chest.

"He's ok?" His voice comes out in a breath of relief instead of a question and Lucy nods, smiling softly up at him.

"He's not going to die? He said he felt fine the whole day but-" He stops talking when he looks at her expression of worry before his stomach drops. Thinking the worse as he takes in a shaky breath.

"What is it? What's wrong with him?" Louis demands in a low voice as she bites her lip. Debating on how she can put it that would make sense to Louis. In the end she sighs.

"Come here." She speaks, worry in her eyes. "I think you should see for yourself."

Louis gulps, blinking repeatedly as he nods. He follows Lucy over to her working station where test tubes of Harry's blood and a microscope to look at the cells in detail lay. Louis' eyes fall on the label "contaminant" on a test tube and he lets out a breath of relief.

It was red.

"There's nothing wrong. He doesn't have an ability.." Louis frowns at that slightly, knowing Harry would be disappointed at the news but it was better than green or pink and Louis would take it any day. He was happy with red.

"He's not going to die."

"Actually.." Louis turns to Lucy with confusion. His eyes hardening at her concerned face.

"His blood changed colour Louis. It changed to a milky white but just as I saw it, it was gone and his blood soured black." She tries to explain and Louis doesn't understand. His eyes portray this.

"But it's red, it's not black.." He whispers out. "You're telling me, Harry's dead right now-"

"No." She cuts him off firmly. "He's not dead. I put his contaminant under the microscope and looked at his tissues and.." She almost looks frightened as she looks at Louis.

"They were repairing themselves."

"W-what?" Louis steps back away from Lucy until his back brushes the wall of her small infirmary. He takes in a breath.

"Then." She continued. "His blood slowly began to change back to red. It hasn't changed since and that was two hours ago. I'm taking he's not dead but whatever he's not...alive either."

"You're trying to tell me he can't die?" Louis asks, coming away from the wall, looking curious. Maybe this was why I couldn't kill him before, if he's unable to die or is already dead... I gulp.

"He's not dead Lucy." I state and she nods.

"Yes I know but maybe he should be." Louis frowns at her but she continues. "All of the times he has come close to death-"

"I saved him from it. He has never come close to dying Lucy." Louis frowns at her.

"How do you know? You've never let him. He could've died in your arms and woke up the next morning, completely fine." She lets out a sigh.

"Maybe when you were healing him, you didn't need to. He was healing himself, slowly."

"I-" Louis blinks at her statement. "So he's like me? He can heal people?"