6. We don't even know if he's alive

I don't remember how long I was in there until there was a buzzing noise, letting me know someone was coming in.

I looked to the door with hope, thinking it was Louis coming to let me out of solitary confinement but my face dropped only to see Lucy, the nurse. A plate of food in her hands and wearing a sympathetic smile.

"I brought you breakfast." She chirps trying to make me smile but I only turn my head to look up at the sun through the drain, wishing I could be back in my cell instead of this boxed room.

Lucy lets out a breath as she comes over to sit beside me, the guard watching warily as she places down the tray of scrambled eggs and water.

I look at her now, my eyes going to her bag that I never noticed she had with her. She took out a roll of bandages and placed them on the ground beside her before tentatively reaching for my bandaged hands.

I held them up for her as she unraveled them, taking off the damp and stained layers while trying not to cause me any more pain than I was already feeling. The pain didn't faze me now, I was used to it but it didn't mean my hands were less sensitive.

I watched her as she unraveled them until there was more blood than bandage and my stomach heaved at the sight as I lurched to the side, nothing coming up as my stomach was completely empty of food. I managed to spit out some bile before coming back to rest my head against the wall.

Lucy brought a hand up to my forehead as her worried eyes fell on mine, forgetting about my shaking hands for a second as she studies me.

"Your dizzy spells, they're getting worse?" She asks and I manage a tired nod before letting out a strangled whine as my hands shook, blood oozing out of the cuts the harsh wire had inflicted on them, piercing and burning the skin. Lucy looked down at the mess in front of her before turning to the watchful soldier.

"Get some towels please."

"Ma'm, I'm not allowed to leave you alone with-"

"-Jesus Christ look at him!" She cried in frustration towards the soldier. "He can barely keep his eyes open, he won't hurt me. Now please, get towels. He's bleeding everywhere."

With that I saw the soldier quickly rush out of the room in search of towels before I lay my eyes on Lucy, now that we're finally alone.

"You shouldn't have done that." I say wincing as she starts to clean my hands. She looks up at me challenging.

"You don't think you're just going to up and escape again do you? See how far you get this time before Max catches you." She says being realistic while showing sympathy towards me, as if she cared about me. I flinch again.

"I've g-gotta try don't-t I?" I say. "I'm nnot giving u-p that e-easy." I cry out in pain when she hits a soft spot in my hand that brings tears to my eyes. She curses in worry.

In all great timing, the soldier rushes back inside with a kitchen towel outstretched to hand to Lucy. She takes it gratefully before placing it on top of my hands, wrapping it around it for several minutes to stop the bleeding and I cry out in defeat as my body slouches back, neck arching up to the ceiling where the sun shines down on me through the drain. My lungs letting out a scream in agony.

After what felt like an eternity of pain, Lucy finally wraps the new bandage around my hands, not making it as thick as boxing gloves this time and only wrapping it five times. The sponge padding she placed over my hands first helped soak up the blood before she put on the bandages. The tingling was still there, more prominent than ever as my hands continued to shake. They shook constantly from where I was electrocuted and I frowned as I look up at Lucy.