30. You're not going anywhere

When I hobble down from my room the next morning, I wanted to go outside. I wanted to see all of the soldiers that were coming here for me but seeing as I 'escaped' and there was no need for a rescue mission, they proceeded to go ahead with the attack on Louis anyways. Finally finish this, this war.

"Hey Harry!" I look over at the voice and see Kyle waving at me, ushering me to come over to him before he grabs something to his side. I walk over slowly as I smile weakly at him. He looks up and smiles at me, hiding something behind his hands.

"You excited to be in front line with me today?" He asks smiling and I return it nodding eagerly as I thought about Louis. I take in a nervous breath and Kyle notices, tapping my shoulder in reassurance lightly.

"Don't be nervous, you'll be fine." His eyes are soft.

"I hope so." I say rubbing my stomach lightly. I still had to get breakfast and take the pain killers. I noticed everyone that wasn't having breakfast were either chatting happily or putting on armour and getting ready for the battle.

"A little bird told me that you were great with a bow.." Kyle says seriously with a hint of humour before revealing what it was behind his back, taking out a large black solid Bow with gold bowstring down the middle. A black case filled with gold feathered arrows to match and I gasp.

"Niall said you had it on you when you were taken prisoner. I suspected they destroyed your old one." Kyle says lightly and I frown, remembering how Max snapped it in front of me.

Kyle holds the bow out for me and I look up at him unsure before taking it in my hands. I hold it between my hands and stare down at how light it was and extremely thin instead of bulky and heavy. It was perfect for speed when carrying.

Kyle watches me with a small smile as I run my hands over it lightly.

"It's yours." He states happily and I look up. Biting my lip before holding it out to him.

"I-I can't except this." I say sadly. "I have a spare sword-"

"A gift." Kyle states by cutting me off lightly and he places a hand on my shoulder, squeezing lightly as he looks at me proud.

"From Charlotte herself."

I gasp at that, looking down at the beautiful bow. The bow that Charlotte thought I deserved. If I was going to be in first line with her, she wanted me to have the best weapon to put my skills to the test. I look back up at Kyle and smile thankfully.

"I'll tell her you said thanks." He chuckles, taking me for one who spoke little words or maybe because I was speechless having a gift as precious as this be handed to me. I let out a small chuckle and nod.

"Thank you Kyle. This...it's beautiful." I say gripping the bow around my fingers, itching to use it and Kyle chuckles before moving to my side.

"Try it out, see how it feels." He says and I bite my lip hesitantly. Looking ahead of me for something to aim at without hurting anyone.

"There." Kyle whisper beside my ear as he points in my line of vision. His breath fanning my ear as I narrow my eyes at the overused target marker a distance away. It was the same as what Louis and I had practiced with, remembering how I split the wood.