17. You're mine

Warning: angst/graphic images

'It's not heaven, but we got so close'
- 'Jupiter' by The Eden Project

-*-

When I wake up my face is wet.

My eyes flutter as I feel what I presumed to be rain water dripping from the small drain on the ceiling. I move my hands at my side feeling the hard cement ground that I'm lying on. I shut my eyes tightly as I realise where I am and let out a small gasp of pain when my head aches.

I bring my hand up to feel my head hesitantly, inspecting the damage. I wince when I touch the spot where the throbbing is most intense. A small lump protruding and I put my hand back at my side.

I take in a breath while small droplets drop on my cheek from above me and move slightly to get up.

It took what felt like hours before I finally got on my two feet, using the wall for support. My breathing increases as my face reddens. Something isn't right. It doesn't feel right. Why am I feeling like this.

All of a sudden a wave of nausea hits me and I tremble. The hair on my skin sticking up but I swallow it down and look towards the door of the cell, slowly making my way towards it while keeping most of my weight against the wall.

"Hey!" My voice scratches as I clutch the door. "Let me out of here!" I call again and regret it when the pounding in my head increases.

"Step away from the door rebel. I'm not going to ask you again." The small gap in the door that was shut suddenly opens at the soldier's voice. His eyes narrowing at me but his voice isn't harsh.

"Please..what happened? Why am I here?" I wince as my vision starts to spin and I let my hand rest on the door as another wave of nausea hits me. The soldier must've thought I was trying to escape and barked out a command making me flinch at his loud voice. I bring my hands up to clutch my ears.

There's suddenly a sharp buzzing sound making me whimper as I scurry backwards away from the door. The soldier steps in and pulls his sword on me. My eyes widen at this.

"Step back." The soldier says lowly as his grip on his sword tightens.

"What happened last night? W-where's Leah? Where's the rebel that broke in?" My words spill out as my breathing increases. The man only looks at me confused before a look of recognition passes his face and he laughs in amusement. My grip on the wall tightens.

"Oh." His laughing comes to a stop as he smirks at me. "She's long gone."

"What?" I gasp out. My heart sinking. "Where is she? Where did he send her?" I grit my teeth at the thought of Louis sending her away somewhere far from me. Maybe he came to a realisation last night after I blacked out. The real Louis that I know wouldn't be so cruel...Maybe he let her go.

The soldier only shakes his head finding the whole thing amusing as he leaves. The loud buzzing sound alerting that he was exiting the room and I flinch, my hands coming up to clasp around my ears. Everything was so loud.

After the buzzing stopped I looked up at the door and stumbled over to it as quick as I could manage. I bring my hand up to pound on the door in rage and confusion. I was being left in the dark.

"Where's Louis?!" I shouted as my fist went down hard on the metal door. I suppressed the wince, welcoming the pain.

"I need to talk to Louis!"

--

I had resulted to sitting down under the drain and looking up at the small light protruding from the crack. I was back where I started from. He didn't trust me anymore and the feeling of ruining whatever it was between us was long gone. Tears came to my eyes as I realised the mistakes I've made and how furious I've made him these past two days. It made me feel foolish for thinking I was safe with him, that he wasn't going to hurt me. I was so wrong and now...now I'm paying the price and waiting for him to decide when he wants to kill me for my rebellious nature.