20. I won't let him hurt you anymore

"You're unaffected." Louis breaths out.

I look up at him, unable to register his words.

"What are you talking about?" I whisper in confusion before a thought that he can't kill me crosses my mind. I'm so confused by this and frightened.

"No I..I can't be. There must be a mistake or something-" I start to back away, suddenly fearful. Not understanding what he was saying but Louis grabs my hand, he touches me freely without his gloves and I gasp. He looks at me furrowing his brows, his eyes filled with emotion.

"You are. I don't know how that's possible but...this can't be a coincidence Harry. You're affecting me differently to how I'm affecting you." He states seriously, looking concerned and I frown.

He doesn't want to know how he affects me. I'm scared of how he makes me feel, I know it's wrong. I wonder if his affect is actually the opposite but it couldn't be, he kissed me a few days ago. That would mean he was attracted to me, right? He must feel the way that I have been feeling towards him.

I suddenly look up at him, grabbing his face as I stare at him.

"How are you feeling right now? Do you feel tingling? Does your heart race when I touch you?" I ask in a frenzy and his eyes widen as he nods at me. Understanding every word. I bite my lip.

"I feel it too. Even when I'm not with you. It hurts." I state and Louis' face contorts into an emotion I've never seen on him, an emotion that he should not know of yet it doesn't seem like he's aware of his actions. I gasp at this wide eyed as I bring my hands back. Coming up to close around my mouth in shock.

Louis closes his eyes briefly and sits back on the desk, rubbing his chest. I remember him doing this in front of me yesterday but paid no mind. Now I tried to picture what would be affecting him. His chest was hurting him, but it wasn't his chest I thought to myself. I remembered experiencing the hollow feeling when he told me Leah was dead and I frowned, taking in a gasp.

He was hurting. His heart was breaking.

All of a sudden, it's like the sky cleared and the storm cloud we were under had disappeared, eliminating the awful encounters we had the last few days. Everything Louis did, he did out of fear, mistaking his pained heart for bottled up anger, targeting everyone and thinking it would ease. It was only making it worse until he completely shattered.

Louis suddenly whimpers in pain and confusion and all emotions I could think of and my eyes bolt to him where he's practically bent over the desk in pain. He looks up at me panting.

"Please." He breaths out. "Make it go away." His voice breaks as tears clog his vision and I rush to him in worry, holding his face in my hands as I look at him. I didn't know how I could fix him, how I could take his pain away. I didn't have his gift. He couldn't heal himself
because this wasn't something he could heal himself. This involved my assistance as well.

"I-I don't know what to do." I whisper close to his lips and he gasps as I feel him visibly shiver. He looks up at me pleading.

"You do." He gasps. "You know exactly what to do." He sends me a knowing look. I can't help but stare into his blue eyes, seeing every emotion possible. It was transfixing and made my insides warm.

I swallow, knowing exactly what he was talking about and slowly reach forward, planting my lips on his.

Louis moans into the kiss and licks my bottom lip, asking for entrance and I open, letting him explore my mouth. Memories of last time playing on my mind.

My hands travel from his cheeks and up into his hair, craving for the soft feathery feel of his hair like last time. He pulls me closer to him, hands clamping onto my waist as he does and I let him. His touch sending a rush through me.

It's only when his hands travel up my back that I break away letting out a scream, hunching over in pain. Louis' eyes widen at this as he quickly retracts his hands, looking down at me with concern lacing his features.

Tears prick my eyes as I hide my head in his chest, my hands gripping the side of the desk as I try and blink them away.

"Harry!" He gasps in worry, pulling me closer to him, careful not to touch any part of my back littered in lashes. His head peaks over my shoulder looking down as he pulls my shirt up, revealing the multiple scars and cuts littering my back. He gasps at the sight and I frown downwards.

He quickly reaches a hand under my chin, pulling my chin up to look at him softly. His face is a mixture of anger, worry, confusion and his eyes are slightly glassy. I'm endeared by all of these emotions hitting me all at once.

"Who did this to you?" He whispers, the hurt in his voice evident. I look at him with a pained expression.

"Max did." He grits his teeth at the thought of his soldier. "You ordered it be done..." I trail off in confusion and Louis' eyes dart to mine wide eyed.

"No I didn't. I never told him to do that." Louis states with wide eyes as he shakes his head. My face falls at that. Louis never intended to torture me. Max did that himself, going behind Louis' back. Making sure I didn't wince in front of him so he helped me into the seat, making me shower to get rid of the smell of sweat and blood. I shook my head in disgust at the thought.

"He'd never disobey me like this." Louis continues looking pained. "He knows not to hurt you in anyway."

I close my eyes tightly, a stray tear rolling down my cheek. Louis catches it and wipes it away, hesitating as he starts to notice the small scars where the whip managed to catch my face and he reaches forward, pressing a light kiss to each of them.

My heart races as he does this and I close my eyes as a wave of calmness washes over me when his finger rubs them, leaving a small tingling feeling as he heals them.

Before he's about to retract his hand, I open my eyes and looking at him while biting my lip.

"That's not all.." I start slowly and Louis frowns at me, rubbing another stray tear falling from my eyes and rests his hand on my cheek as he looks at me worried.

"He said to Lucy that you ordered not to give me pain relief tablets. He said if he found out she did that you'd kill her." Louis pales at that frowning. "He threatened her Louis."

I gasp as I bite my wobbly lip to keep from crying. "I deserved what he did-"

"Stop." Louis says sternly with a pained expression. He runs a hand through my hair and I relax at his touch. He places a small kiss on my lips before looking at me serious.

"Never say that again. I promise you, you'll never go through anything like this again. I won't let him hurt you anymore." Louis states and I want to cry with relief but try to portray this in my eyes as I look at him. He seems to understand and pulls me forward, kissing my forehead softly.

After a moment of us just holding each other, he pulls back making me look at him.

"Are you in pain now?" He asks, his forehead creasing in worry and I don't hesitate on replying.

"Honestly.." I start, letting out a breath. "I don't know. I'm in that much pain I can't pin point where it's coming from, my back, my head or my heart. Everything's just numb."

Louis lets out a shaky breath as he looks at me, his serious expression changing into one of concern as he runs his hand up my arm reassuringly.

"Ok." He whispers. "I'll see what I can do."

**

Happy late Paddy's Day😜