29. It's time to let people fight your battles for you

"What is this thing that we call love?"
-What is Love by Frances

-*-

"She wants to meet me now?"

My eyes widen the next morning when Niall comes in after breakfast to where Leah and I were talking amongst ourselves. I look up at Niall unsure as he nods, slightly excited.

"Yes, right now." He says while reaching forward, helping me into a standing position but he didn't need to, I was healing slowly. If I was with Louis right now he would have made sure I was fully healed so that I wasn't in this much pain but our medical supplies were shortened and we didn't possess the gift of healing quickly like Louis. I sighed.

Niall's hands came away and were replaced by Leah's delicate ones. She smiled up at me but my eyes were pleading. She tilted her head slightly. Shaking whatever it was off.

"She wants to meet the rebel that without him, none of this would be happening." Niall smiles and I gulp.

Leah helps me over to the door as Niall bounds down the stairs in front as Leah helps me down tentatively, taking each step slowly and carefully. I wince slightly before looking up at Niall only to find he had disappeared from my view. I take in a shaky breath and turn to Leah.

"Leah." I whisper and her eyes turn to me, my voice pleading and she frowns. I lean closer to her. My eyes slightly teary eyed.

"This is a mistake."

"W-what?" She whispers back. Her eyes searching mine in confusion. When we get down the last step she turns to me, about to ask me what I mean but Niall appears again. Making me turn away from Leah, smiling weakly. Leah studies me. I can feel her worried eyes on me, trying to figure me out.

"She's waiting for you in the living room."

Niall lets out a nervous breath and I nod firmly, biting my lip as I go to limp myself. Leah looks at me worriedly but stays by my side. Letting me walk myself but there by my side when I need her. I smile sadly when I see the small living area, there was slight talking and my stomach went into knots.

"Ok." I breath out before I make my way into the living room, my eyes looking up as they search the room, not taking me long to find a woman, looking very similar to Louis as she turned to me with piercing blue eyes. Eyes a lot colder than Louis' and I took in a shaky breath as she looked me up and down with a confident smile.

"Agh." She exclaims quietly as she starts walking over to me, Kyle and another rebel following after her with a friendly and welcoming smile, they too wanting to have a good look at me.

"You must be the brave little thing that withstood my brother."

"Harry." I outstretch my shaking hand to her tentatively, not knowing if it was the right thing to do.

"Harry Styles ma'am."

She chuckles lightly, nodding at me as she took my hand, shaking it firmly as she placed her other hand over our shaking ones. Eyes bright with amusement. Her laugh reminded me of Louis. The way his eyes would crinkle in the corner. I gulped as my stomach dropped.

"I can see why my brother would want to keep you alive for so long and not kill you so easily." She starts smiling softly.