16. You're a monster

My eyes widen as he says this, tearing up as I try to break out of the soldier's hold. I turn to Leah and scream.

"Leah!" Max takes his sword out of his belt loop, the sound loud and intimidating as the soldier holding Leah pushes her to her knees so that she is in a kneeling position. Tears stream down her face as she looks at me.

Something snapped in me then. Watching her like that, completely defeated and making peace with her fate. It wasn't right. She was only sixteen. It wasn't her time to go, she still had a lifetime ahead of her.

I let out a raged scream as I fight the soldiers holding me down. When the soldier to my right stumbles away, I quickly rip his sword from his belt loop and bring it behind me to the third soldier, stabbing him in the stomach. He crumbles and falls back lifeless as I swing my sword to the last soldier to my left. I stab him in the chest and he stumbles back clutching his bloodied chest in pain.

I fight my way to Leah and Max. A certain adrenaline taking over. I was not going to sit by and watch the one I loved be killed at the hands of me. I'll do what I was trained to do, instincts kicking in as I fight through any soldiers in my way. The only thing I know how to do.

Rebel.

Leah and Max look up at me and a small knowing smirk crosses Leah's face before she brings her elbow back to land in the soldiers' abdomen. He groans as she twirls around, rope falling from around her hands and at her feet as she shakes the rest of it off where she had been untying it the whole time. Waiting for the right moment.

She ran forward to me with wide eyes and I reached out to touch her, our fingers grazing slightly before I was yanked back harshly. I gasp as hands go around my waist, digging into me as they pull me back through the air with such force before I land on the ground with a loud thud, thinking I heard a small crack from the side of my head and tears pool in my eyes as I shut them tightly. My face contorting in pain as I move feebly. Blinking up at the soldier who held such force and may have caused damage. But it was Louis who stood above me furious as he clenched his hands at his side.

I gulp at the throbbing in my head as I look up at him, black spots dancing in my vision and I whimper. I go to get up but Louis' hand comes to rest on my shoulder before he gently pushes me back. I let out a strangled cry.

"Stay down." He demands firmly and my breathing becomes breathless as I notice Max now has Leah in his grip. She watches me with concern as she tries to reach for me only to be yanked back harshly by Max. She cries out.

"Leah-" The black spots take over my vision and I slip into unconsciousness. My body going lax.

--

"Harry!" Leah cries as she again tries to get to Harry's unconscious body laying on the ground. "You killed him!" She cries, her eyes flick to Louis. A pained expression on her face as Louis narrows his eyes at her.

"I didn't kill him. He's knocked out. I know my own strength." Louis states like it was obvious and Leah flinches away from him at that. A look of disgust written across her face as she looks him up and down.

"You're a monster."

Louis smirks at her as his eyes narrow but he doesn't say anything as he walks closer to Leah slowly. Leah can't help but whimper in fear as she tries to scout away from him but it is to no avail. Louis suddenly reaches out with a gloved hand and takes her chin in his hand, making her look at him. She gasps.

"Who are you to him besides a soldier." He demands in a whisper not letting the soldiers but Max hear. He was curious as he looked at her fragile face. She looked similar to Harry in looks but she didn't possess the same eye colour. Louis thought her eyes weren't as beautiful as Harry's.