15. This isn't a fairytale princess

Leah tied her shoelace with a frown before putting up her hood quietly, making sure not to make a noise as the sleeping team members littered the room. She tiptoed closer to where Niall slept peacefully. She smiled down at him sadly, knowing that he hadn't been sleeping the best and this was probably going to be his best night sleep he would have in a while.

Leah reached over and grabbed Niall's dagger that was resting beside him for easy access if they so happened to be attacked in the night. It wasn't likely that the soldiers would be here in the forest but Niall didn't want to take the risk. Leah frowned down at him, a sinking feeling as she looks down at his peaceful state.

"I'm sorry Niall." She whispers into the night before grabbing her own sword and walking silently out of the door, shutting it quietly and then making her way out of the house completely and into the black of night. She looked up at the moon, remembering why she's doing this.

She woke up not long ago with the feeling of her heart burning in her chest. She knew it was related to Harry. Harry was in trouble and she couldn't wait any longer for Liam to come back.  Harry needed her right now more than she needed Harry. She could feel it.

Leah placed her sword into her belt loop around her waist, her hand coming up to wrap her scarf around her mouth. A common rebel tactic that means business.

--

Leah crouched down beside the electric fence, her black hoodie blending into the dark of night as she listened to the hum of the fence. She listened for any approaching footsteps but when she found none she took out the power over-right from her pocket.

It was a small black device that was created in 2042 but was then discontinued and destroyed in 2043 because it wasn't doing what it was supposed to do and ended up knocking out every power source within a three mile radius. Leah, Harry and Niall were lucky to have come across it on a mission a while back and have been saving it for a time when it was needed.

Leah typed in the code at the back of it that they set on the device themselves. Only the three of them and Liam knew the code. This was to keep it from falling into the wrong hands.

After she was finished, she stepped back slightly as a small buzzing was heard before nothing and the fence sparked before nothing. No hum and no attention was drawn.

Leah dug out the pliers from her pocket before cutting out a hole in the fence, squeezing through when she was finished and placed the cut out part of the fence back in its original place so no one would notice unless they came to inspect.

She got up quickly and ran to the nearest corner, avoiding the light that moved as she did. She hid behind the watch tower glancing up at the soldier silently panting before she wiped the small beads of sweat that gathered around her forehead.

She waited a moment when the light was in the opposite direction and bolted to where niall and her knew they were keeping the rebels.

She tugged on the door silently. It was locked. She quickly pulled a hair pin from her hair resulting in it falling in her face. She blew at it as she picked the lock.

"Come on." She whispered and let out a sigh of relief when she heard the pop of the lock. She opened it and quickly went in, closing it quietly.

She turned around and noticed tables and chairs littered the room. She walked quickly by them to the large doors in the corner, thinking it was the way out and hopefully to the cells where they kept the prisoners and Harry.