22. He's not all bad you know

'I looked down at my stomach where I lay on the cold slightly dewy grass. My bare feet pale and almost turning blue with the cold.

I brought my hand up to the small pool starting to soak my shirt. My small shaky hands pressing against the wound that the monster had inflicted.

My young self looked up at the monster, curls falling in my face as he whimpered above me, looking down at me with wide and frightful blue eyes. His eyes were beautiful, I couldn't help think as the blood flows over my fingers and I look up at him afraid. The shock of what he had just done not fully registering with me yet.

"I'm so sorry." The boy whispered as he held the small knife, a diamond symbol on its side that I swore I've seen before multiple times but I couldn't place my finger on it.

I scream up at him trying to shuffle back and his orbs stay almost frozen. His eyes turning dark as the boy looks down at me.

"Harry." He speaks firmly and my eyes widen up at him. I shuffle back further coming into the bushes beside the apple trees, in hopes of hiding from him.

"Harry wake up." He shouts at me and I whimper.

"Leave me alone!" I shout back and I yelp as I feel arms start to wrap around my wrists, only they weren't arms at all. They were roots that had sprung out from the ground of the apple tree, pulling me down into the dirt.

"No!" I fall on my back and I scream as the roots wrap around me harder, pulling me down into the dirt.

"No please! Let me go!" I scream, tears staining my cheeks as I try to pull myself up to the only light portraying from the moon. They grip me tighter and I fall back screaming.'

"Harry wake up!"

I bolt upright in the bed, a scream leaving my throat and causing a tremble to shoot through my body. I clutch the sheets and blink repeatedly when I'm finished, letting a small whimper leave my lips.

I didn't realise Louis' arms around me, pulling me closer to him and I startled, visions of roots pulling me down haunted my vision and I took in a shaky breath, my body going frigid.

"I've got you love, you're safe. You're ok Haz. It was just a nightmare. You're fine." Louis whispers into my ear as his hand wraps around my shoulder, rocking me back and forth slightly to try and calm me down. I can't help my body shake, my teeth gritting as I bring my hand up to pull at my hair.

"Get out of my head." I grit tugging harder on my hair. Louis' hands suddenly fly up and wrap around my hands.

"Hey hey.." He says firmly as he pulls my hands out of my grip on my hair. My face crumbles and I let out a small sob. "Don't do that love. It's over now. Im here, you're fine."

I open my eyes as his soothing hand comes to twirl his hands through my hair affectionately as he calms me down. I let out a breath looking up at him. He doesn't know how thankful I am that he's doing this. I've never had someone comfort me before because I always made sure I was alone if I decided to sleep so I wouldn't bother anyone. It was frightful but I learned to calm myself down over time. Louis didn't realise how much he was saving me.

I let my head fall on his chest in exhaustion. Calming my raged breathing. He pulls me closer to him and his other hand comes up to run soothing circles along my back.

"Thank you." I speak into his chest, hiccuping slightly. Louis kisses my hair at that. His kiss calming my nerves further.

"I'm sorry for putting you through this..I can deal with this. I will sleep in the spare roo-"