9. I'm not who you think I am

"I'll tell you what I know about Charlotte and her army."

-*-

"Tonight." Louis said after a moment of silence before looking up at me. "First, I'm making sure you're fully healed and there is no bruises."

I nod in understanding as I look at him and he smiles a small thankful smile at me. A weight being lifted off his shoulders, his eyes becoming more bright and I frown in worry.

"I appreciate you doing this Harry. I know this will be tough but I promise you, it won't turn into an interrogation. You can just tell us what you know and then you can leave."

My eyes fly up to look at Louis at that in hope but he quickly shakes his head.

"That's not what I...Lets focus on healing you for now and we will cross that bridge when we get to it." Louis says seriously and I nod at him, fiddling with my hands. Louis stands up suddenly and comes closer, placing his gloved hand on my shoulder.

"Ok, I want you to lay back on the bed for me." Louis says slowly, biting his lip as he looks down at my shirtless body and I gulp, doing as he asks as I feel a dull ache when I move my muscles. Louis towers over me as he stands close before climbing up on the gigantic bed. Finding a comfortable position laying on his side. Propped up as he looks down at me, taking off his gloves.

"Ok, where does it hurt."

I let out an amused chuckle at that as Louis arches a brow at me in wonder.

"I feel like you've asked this way too many times around me." I state looking up knowingly. "You should know I never got hurt this much until I met you."

Louis rolled his eyes in amusement before looking down again. "Somehow I don't believe you."

"It's true!" I exclaim chuckling before a few minutes pass in silence with us just looking at each other. The smile starts to slip off my face as I remember my life before I came here.

"We were trained to be quick and silent. Be careful because every mistake can cost you your life." I say slowly as I remember back. "I was eleven years old when they told me this."

Louis looked down at me wide eyed as what I said registered in his mind. "You were eleven years old when you joined the army?"

I look up at him and nod before looking up at the ceiling. "I was the youngest in my unit. We were the first batch as they called it. The experiments. The others were around thirteen and fifteen. It was a few years after me that the ages went down as more and more children joined up."

I catch a glimpse of emotion in Louis' eyes for a second that I thought was regret but I must have saw differently as Louis couldn't feel remorse, nor could he feel a lot of things really. It was his curse.

"You learned how to fight there then? How to kill?" Louis asks, holding his breath for my answer and I nod at him slowly.

"They wanted to move me up north but I didn't want to go. I knew that it was a great honor to be moved up, it meant being closer to the war." I continued and Louis leaned closer.

"What did you do?" He asked and I turned my body towards his, looking up at him honestly. "I left. Left the the unit and the academy for good and went rogue."