Chapter 14: Cafe la Kurt

"But-"

"No 'but's Tess, you didn't even call!" My mom sighed.

I sighed along with her. "Ok, ok. When do I start?"

"Tomorrow."

My mom found out that I 'stayed' over Hikaru's house... Without her permission. She didn't really mind me over there because it was a big house, and the parents would put us in separate rooms. If his parents were home that is. She got mad didn't call an that his parents were home. I failed to mention every other time I was over there they never were, it was for her own good.

Now as a punishment I now have to work as a manager at my brother Kurt's bakery. He had gotten big with his own restaurant and now has expanded with bakeries. Starting the next day I had to come home from school to go to work every Monday.

~

"Sorry guys I can't." I shook my head at the crowd of boys in front of me. I needed more girl friends.

"Why not!" Tamaki wined.

I sighed. If they found out I would never hear the end if it. "I have to do a thing, ok?"

I left the club in a dash. I wouldn't be able to go to the club on Mondays from then on. It was a blessing and a curse. No club, but I had to work.

"Ughhhh!" I groaned as I was shown my work attire. An orange T-shirt with the logo and black pants or skirt. Did my brother realize we looked like Halloween?! No, guess not...

My job as manager was to make sure everyone was on task and work with unhappy costumers. In one day you would not believe the people I had to deal with.

"Miss, you are not listening...-"

"I asked for a violet cake! And all I see is a blue cake! Explain!!" The girl with black straight hair, red heels that stomped on the tiles, and giant sunglasses to match hissed.

I cleared my throat checking the prices, receipt, and order. "Miss, you ordered a beach themed cake, with- and I quote- 'blue waves and shells'. The shells and flowers are both purple."

"Violet!" She scrunched her face.

"Whatever, all I know is that you ordered an ocean themed cake. And every ocean I have ever been to has been blue, I couldn't do much more. We aren't Picasso here Lady, we make cake not art. Oceans are blue. Take it, or leave it." I pulled off my glasses and wrote down some notes on the clipboard I held.

The women rolled her eyes, pulling the box off the counter and left. Maybe I was harsh and should have her a refund but- no.

A few calls were made, some unhappy costumers were felt with and soon the rush died down. Did you know people actually complain about not telling you that there would be cinnamon in apple pie. No really, they did. I guess you could make it without it but...

"Can I speak with a manger, please?" Asked a voice behind the counter.

I was doing inventory when I heard it. How many times had a heard that today? Lets just say it's just as much fun as listening to someone play Bop-It while you're trying to sleep.

"Tess," a coworker pulled into the room. "Do you mind-"

I sighed. "Yeah I got it. Thanks, Kiki."

Why did everyone need to see the manager. I mean really, no joke. We all work at the same place, why do you need my approval more than the actual workers?

I placed the clipboard and pen down for the inventory and switched it for my walking around one.

"Hello, what seems to be the- Tamaki?" I entered the ordering station with complete shock. Why was Tamaki he- why was the Host Club here?

Oh yes, how the world hated when I was remotely satisfied with my life. Like really, the whole host club? At my work? On my first day? I was fucked from that point forward. Pray for me...