Chapter 21: Crush and Blush

The neon green hurt my eyes. It's mustard yellow belt and vomit green bow mad me sick to my stomach. Really, a neon dress and yellow ribbon with a vomit green bow?? Either it was a 'dress ugly party' or the color schemer was color blind.

I made the most of the dress and made my face presentable enough to take your eyes off... That. The car ride wasn't too long and we finally got to where ever we were suppose to be.

"Dad, what is this for again?" I was the first to ask the elephant in the room question.

"A party." He stated vaguely.

I twitted my thumbs around slowly. "What kind of party has a color scheme."

My dad sighed. "A business partner of mine is hosting a party, she is setting up an arrangement so I can meet with another group and possibly create a partnership with them."

I nodded. It was business as usual.

"I need you all to act on your best behavior." I nodded again with my brothers as well. "As for the colors... I have no idea."

We all chuckled and piled out to the party. I was the last to enter through the double doors. Quickly making my way to the other set of doors I peeked through. Everyone was dressed in the ugly colors but managed to look amazing. I grumbled and separated from my family telling them I would be in the bathroom.

Going to a stall I ripped off the bow and ribbon. The neon dress made me look like a cupcake. I pulled out a pair of heels out of my purse and switched them with my flats I had on. The dress was almost done. Pulling some of the stuffing out from the bottom I made more 'flowy' looking?? Either way I looked a hell of a lot better.

Sure I could have fixed the dress at home but oh well. I was just lucky I packed some heels or something. Whatever the matter I got out of the bathroom and made my way into the ball.

The walls were covered in green and yellow laces and ribbons. The rugs had different hues of green and the punch was yellow. Everything looked fine but the punch, I mean really?!

I walked over to the snack table and cringed. Vegetables. Only veggies and piss water. Good, good. I had to spend 3 hours in this place. There wasn't even any music. What kind of lame ass party was this?

"Excuse me." A tall, fair boy allowed his way in near the table.

"Is that safe to drink?" I asked the boy when he poured himself some of the piss water.

He chuckled slightly, then went back to a blank stare. "I would assume so."

"What is it?" I scrunched my nose.

"Lemonade."

I made an 'O' face and he poured me some. I thanked him and took a sip. It was beyond bitter. Was there even a dash of sugar in here? It felt like literal lemon juice.

The boy just gave me a look. With one eyebrow up and a half smirk his face said 'what?'

I finally got a good look at his face, brown hair and eyes. He had a round face but he looked rather slim. He was around my height and had half his face covered with his hair.

I just nodded after my dazed look at him. "It's a little sour." He nodded.

There was an awkward silence as we just say there sipping on our drinks in the corner of the room. I saw my mom walking over and really wanted to scream. I was integrally as a matter of fact.

"Oh hi, Sweetie!!" Her voice broke the sound barrier around me.

Through clenched teeth I smiled. "Hi Mom." I gave her the look like 'don't'.