Chapter 20: Dress in a Mess

"I'll give you another chance." I breathed.

The emotions passed through his eyes for what I could see. Those golden honey brown eyes solid in shock. I nodded, adding onto my comment.

"I am being serious."

Icy touch was burning into my hands from his stone grip. They drew circles until the skin was raw. He was worried, wanting more, knowing there was more to it.

I caved in. "There is more, but I feel we have covered enough today. However, to put it simply, we are not officially back together. I'm simply giving you another chance, to prove to me I can trust you. I am sorry but that is all I can give you given the situation we are in."

The ends of his plump lips pulled up and then down to his original spot. Hikaru nibbled on his pink flesh with crossed brows. Deep in though he replied. "I understand, thank you, really. I won't let you regret it, Tess."

Pulling me into a hug I relaxed. There was no way I could possibly get hurt any further into this. Hikaru was put in his place and I had full control. He knew if he fucked up he was cut off. Nowhere else to run. He was trapped.

~

"No, no. You add up all the angles." I pointed to his paper with the tip of my fork.

Daichi sighed. "But I thought you added them all up and divided by 180."

I shook my head. "No, that's to get the total number of ALL the angles added up."

He squeezed his hair at the roots and shoved the paper back into his notebook. "Nope, I give up! I'm done with geometry."

"Come on...." I patted him on the back, bitterly cheering him up. "Could be worse, you could have to do Study Island."

"What's Study Island?"

I cringed. "The hell of middle school and high school, my friend."

"Then how come we-" I cut him off.

"It's more of a New England thing..." I sighed. Thank everything I no longer had to deal with the horrors of Study Island anymore. Thank you Japan.

Lunch ended with me having a rumbling stomach. I spent the entire lunch teaching Daichi how to add angles. I felt bad for the poor guy, math was his worst subject.

I packed up my pasta in its Tupperware and headed back off to class with the couple. Teruo couldn't be bothered with the addition of angles and the sum of exponents, all he cared for was history and science. Correction, only thing he was good at.

When we headed back to class I had an unread text from my mom.

'Work today.' Oh goodie. It seemed like I was never really sure of days I had work... My mom kinda of three me there on random days now. There was no sequence.

"Turns out no club for me today." I locked my phone back up after I replied with am 'ok'.

"Ugh... Why?!" The boys asked me.

I shrugged. "Work I guess." And work was right. I had no idea what was waiting for me when I stepped into my apron for that day.

~

"17 cakes?! Who orders 17 cakes?!" I looked at the list of orders scrawled down on the flour coated sheet.

The crew shrugged as they hurried back to work. Pushing the glasses back onto my face I scooted to the fridges to find ingredients. 17*3= 51 and so that mean.... 51 eggs?!?

"Do we even HAVE 51 eggs?!?" I roared from the cold cabinet.

Ami, a worker, flew into the fridge with me. "Well we only need egg whites for these cakes. We have a few cartons of just egg whites..." Her help was so needed at times like these.