Dumbledore Goes Into Hiding

Hey guys it's been a while. A lot has happened and most of this winter break has involved me and my parents fighting about my major change and before that I couldn't bring myself to write since the person Will is based on and I got into a fight and haven't spoken in a very long time. Hopefully I'll be able to finish all... I think i have 25 chapters laid out at the moment. SO have fun with this chapter and I'll try to update ASAP - AN

The next day as when we entered the room for divination we were welcomed by a Classroom eleven was on the ground floor along the corridor leading off the Entrance Hall from the opposite side to the Great Hall it was one of those classrooms that were never used regularly, and therefore had the slightly neglected feeling of a cupboard or storeroom. When we entered it and found ourselves in the middle of a forest clearing, causing me to be momentarily stunned.

"wow..."

The classroom floor had become springily mossy and trees were growing out of it; their leafy branches fanned across the ceiling and windows, so that the room was full of slanting shafts of soft, dappled, green light. The students who had already arrived were sitting on the earthy floor with their backs resting against tree trunks or boulders, arms wrapped around their knees or folded tightly across their chests, and all looking rather nervous. In the middle of the clearing, where there were no trees, stood Firenze.

"Must be enchanted like the great hall is." Cedric said looking around as we joined some of the others on the ground.

"Professor Dumbledore has kindly arranged this classroom for us," said Firenze, when everyone had settled down, "in imitation of my natural habitat. I would have preferred to teach you in the Forbidden Forest, which was--until Monday--my home ... but that is no longer possible."

"Excuse me sir.' Hannah Abbott the Hufflepuff prefect asked breathlessly, raising her hand, "--why not? We've been in there with Hagrid, we're not frightened!"

"It is not a question of your bravery," said Firenze, "but of my position. I cannot return to the Forest. My herd has banished me."

'Herd?' said Katie in a confused voice, I bet she was thinking of cows. 'What-- oh!'

Comprehension dawned on her face. 'There are more of you?' she said, stunned.

'Did Hagrid breed you, like the Thestrals?' asked one of the slytherin boys eagerly.

Firenze turned his head very slowly to face him, who didn't seemed to realise that he had said something very offensive.

"What?" he asked looking at a few shocked faces

'Centaurs are not the servants or playthings of humans,' said Firenze quietly. There was a pause, then Parvati raised her hand again.

'Please, sir ... why have the other centaurs banished you?'

'Because I have agreed to work for Professor Dumbledore,' said Firenze. 'They see this as a betrayal of our kind.'

'Let us begin,' said Firenze. He swished his long palomino tail, raised his hand towards the leafy canopy overhead, then lowered it slowly, and as he did so, the light in the room dimmed, so that they now seemed to be sitting in a forest clearing by twilight, and stars appeared on the ceiling. There were oohs and gasps.

'Lie back on the floor,' said Firenze in his calm voice, 'and observe the heavens. Here is written, for those who can see, the fortune of our races.'

Laying down next to Cedric we gazed upwards at the ceiling. A twinkling red star winked at us from above. Feeling a hand creep towards mine I held Cedric's hand with a smile glued onto my face.