Continuing

Graduation felt weird. So much had happened so many friends were lost. Why did this have to happen? Why did all of this happen? William would have graduated this year, Cedric and I would be happily getting married next month if everything didn't feel like it was going into mayhem. While it's fully been acknowledged that the dark lord has returned, it doesn't feel like the world is ready nor plans on getting ready anytime soon to get ready.

"Alexandria?" I look up at the nurse, I must have spaced out for a long time.

"Y-yes?"

"Your sister is ready." She smiled softly. I stood and followed her down the now familiar hall. For the past 4 months I've been visiting Mary, William was still, well he isn't responding very well to anything and refuses to see anyone that he knows.

"Good evening Alex." The guard smiled.

"Evening Charles. How's your shift been so far?"

"Nothing new. Which is a good thing, it means the dark lord isn't controlling her as far as we know." I nod and enter the room.

"Hey Mary" I smile, sitting in the chair next to the bed. She looked up and smiled a bit. Her once ginger blonde hair was now a silver white colour.

"Hi Alex. Can I hug you?" She asked shaking her wrists. I looked at Charles who shook his head no.

"I'm sorry Mary." I touched her wrists. "You'll need to keep the cuffs on for now. But from what they can tell you're getting better." Which was true she hasn't tried attacking any of the staff since I started visiting.

"I don't like them." She stared at the guard and nurse. "They have muggle blood in them" She glared. "Alex, I'm not sick." She whined

"Mary, this isn't how you should be acting." I brushed the top of her head. "You know that there is no such thing as superior blood." But she shook her head.

"No, we aren't even pure, but at least the mix of our blood makes us stronger rather than pathetic and weak." She started to glare harder at them. "Mudbloods" she hissed at them.

"Mary!" I shouted Charles had pulled out his wand and stepped forward.

"What did she say?" He asked, I shook my head not realising we had switched to parseltongue again. That was another thing we learned to both be highly gifted in.

"Just her being rude." I sighed. "I'm getting married soon." I smiled

"Is he a pureblood?" She looked up.

"Yes he is" I laughed a bit. Still in parseltongue and still being stubborn about the slytherin pride. "What would you do if you didn't get placed into slytherin? You know once you're stable enough to return home and go to school next year."

"You Witch!" She gasped and started to laugh, and not in a good way. "That would never happen. But I think I'll find a basilisk to place in the chamber of secrets... you know, now that it's not so secret."

I shook my head and sighed.

"Can I brush your hair for you?" She nodded and smiled in the way that she used to before. I hummed her favourite lullaby while brushing her hair.

"Braid it too please" I smiled and started to braid her hair as well.

"Hush now my child, close your eyes, let mother, rock you to the glistening morning light." I started to sing.

"Hush now. Sleep, now" she sang with me, yawning a bit as I finished the braid.

"Let mother bath you in the warm light" I smiled as she fell asleep. I stood up and got ready to leave.