Chapter 9: Sleight of Hand

Johns getting more annoyed every second that goes by. He's lost all respect he used to have and he's mostly alone.

"They're gonna find it." He almost taunts to Michael in the yard. "The longer they're in there the sooner they're gonna find it."

"Then we've got to get back in there." I say taking a deep breath I can't afford to lose control again. "For Lincoln."

"For all of us." John replies. "I'm going to say something crazy to you right now."

"Surprise surprise." I reply in a deadpan tone.

"I wasn't talking to you." He says pushing my head lightly a sign for me to leave.

"I know." I walk away from the pair so they can have their little conversation.

Michael tells Lincoln and I about the conversation in church later anyway.

"Give him up." Lincoln says simply talking about how Falzone wants Fibonacci  so that he doesn't testify next month.

"If I do it will kill him."

"Maybe he deserves it." Lincoln continues.

"That's just it, he doesn't."

"Who is this guy? You told me he was Mafia." Lincoln asks Michael.

"He was working for the Mafia he just didn't know it." He goes on to tell us the story of what happened and what he's found out. "If I don't give him up, then this whole things over."

"So what you're telling me is, if I'm to live..."

"A good man has to die." Michael ends Lincolns sentence.

"Maybe not." I think of an idea. "Michael I want you to tell Abruzzi to call Falzone." I say. He looks at me shocked at what I'm saying, I'm supposed to be the good girl. "Tell John to tell him that you will only give him the information if you're face to face. Then ask him for money. Abruzzi will be in on it, he'll take out a picture of someone you love and tell you that he knows where to find the person getting him in Falzone's good books, proving him still a loyal friend, but you'll still be protecting Fibonacci, give him a game address and FBI will be awaiting his arrival before any harm can come to anyone and voila Abruzzi gets his reputation back and we get back into the guards room." I tell them.

"You just came up with that?" Michael asks. "Just now in the space of two seconds?"

"Well yeah I guess." I reply smugly, smirking at his impressed face.

"That's my girl." Lincoln smiles at my plan. "Who do we give a picture of?"

"Linc do you have an old picture of Veronica lying around anywhere?" I ask.

"You know Veronica?" Michael asks.

"Uh yeah, from when she was with Lincoln, and she was the last lawyer to help me before I got sent here." I tell him.

"She helped you?" Lincoln asks surprised.

"She tried."

"We don't have a photo, besides it wouldn't feel right dragging her into this." Lincoln admits.

"If you don't want to drag anyone new into this then who are we going to use?" I ask.

"You." Michael looks at me. "You're perfectly safe with us and Falzone will know that John has access to you if it's needed not that, that will happen." He assures me.

"I'm not worried, but I'm not that important will I be enough to use as bait?"

"You are important!" Michael says firmly. "Really important."