Chapter 36: Wash

A/N: So Olichael lovers are not going to be happy with this chapter but I have a feeling Linvia supporters will love it.

Just reminding you that I did say I would include scenes for both Lincoln and Michael in this book and I haven't for Lincoln yet. Well, until now.

Enjoy...

______________

"It's awful, I know, but the choice was clear. You needed to be far away from all of this." Caroline's voice says on the tape.

"I am, I'm the Isle of Terrence, far off to sea." Steadman's voice replies.

"But I'm still here for you. Now, listen to me, don't dwell on the negative--"

"Some people deserve to dwell, Caroline."

"You know I'm only a phone call away." Reynolds reminds him.

"And three thousand miles. Do you know how cold it is here?"

"We talked about this, Terrence. You knew that you would be lonely, but it's only temporary. His appeals process has started already. This is gonna fly by quicker than your 20s. and soon the world will forget all about him, and they'll forget about you too. I promise." Caroline tells him.

"But it's killing me not being able to see you sweet Caroline." Gross.

"I wanna see you too, but that can't happen right now."

"This house is so big. I just I just think of you lying in bed." Okay, listening to Terrence say this is beyond wrong.

"I know. Me too."

"Your warmth, your touch." Terrance whispers in what I assume is supposed to be a seductive manner.

Make it stop, make it stop. Cringe.

"Oh, my God." I gasp.

"Yeah." Michael nods blandly and Lincoln walks backwards looking shocked and unsure what to say.

"If we give this to the press, the government will discredit it. Just like they did with the tape we made." He says eventually.

"Okay." nods Sara, "So, what do we do with it?"

"Dad said there's still people in the administration that he was working with. If we give the tape to them, they'll finally have the smoking gun they need to bring Caroline Reynolds down." Michael says, "But they'll release the tape, not us."

"And how can she discredit her own appointees? Sure." Sara agrees.

"We're gonna give the only thing that can exonerate me to someone who works for the government?" Lincoln growls, "The same government thAT SET ME UP?!" He shouts the end of the sentence.

"We'll have to find someone we can trust. Someone honest." Michael tells him calmly.

"Jane Phillips. She'll know someone that can help us, she worked with Dad, she's watching LJ. I trust her, Michael. She'll do it. She'll find someone." Lincoln suggests.

"Well, I hope you're right." says Michael, "Because this is our last shot."

I nod, "call LJ."

Sara and Michael head out to get some food while Lincoln picks up the phone and dials in the number Jane gave him and waits for LJ to pick up the other end, "Hey, buddy... yeah, it's me. How you holding up?... Good. Good. I, uh, I miss you... yeah, well, we exchanged numbers when you guys split... No. Yeah. I'm sorry. It's been, it's been dangerous, you know. Real dangerous.... LJ, listen, I know I've said this before but I think we've found something that'll finally put this stuff behind us. When it's good, when it's safe, I'm gonna come and get you. You, me, Olivia, your uncle, we can--..... yeah, yeah. I get it. I, uh, I need to speak with Jane.... I love you too, son."