Chapter 35: Bad Blood

I don't go to sleep I just rest my eyes but I'm fully alert when I see a police car roll down the street and Linc, Paul and I share a concerned expression until we see Michael and Sara running back over and they climb into the car.

"We didn't get it." Mike tells us.

"What?" Kellerman looks at him.

"And we need to get back in there soon." continues Michael, "once The Company finds out Sara was in there, it won't belong before they start wondering why. Find a spot close to the club and sit tight. We're gonna take the car and we'll be back in a couple of hours."

"Where you going?" I ask him.

"Turns out that maybe there's one member of that club who can help us."

"Who?" frowns Linc and Mike passes him a leaflet. I look over his shoulder and see a picture of the Warden staring his occupation, favourite Cigar and his long membership of thirty-two years. "Pope?"

"I'm coming," I say and Michael looks at me for a moment before nodding. We leave Lincoln and Paul to stake out the area while Michael, Sara and I drive to the Wardens house and walk up to the door. We decide it might be easier to take things slower so Sara stands centrally and Michael and I stand around the corner unseen for the time being.

"Just a minute." Pope calls, hearing his doorbell ring.

"Henry." Sara says as the door clicks open.

"What are you doing here?" asks Pope, "Aside from jumping bail and evading the authorities?"

"There's something that you need to hear. But first, I need to know if you'll listen." She says.

"Sara, we've got nothing to discuss."

"Please, I need five minutes." She begs. "After that, if you want us to, we'll leave."

"Who's us?" We both come into view and his mouth is open in shock. "I don't want any trouble."

"Good." Michael replies, "Because that's not why we're here."

We enter Henry's home and he looks at us wildly, "What the hell are you thinking about, waltzing in here? You're a wanted criminal. In case you've forgotten, I dedicated my career my entire life, to keeping people like you behind bars."

"You're talking about guilty people. My brother is innocent, we have the evidence to prove it." Michael says.

"I don't care. I want you out."

"It's in a locked box at the Corona de oro Club and you're a member." continues Michael.

"Out."

"Henry, please listen." Sara begs.

"Sara, I'm tempted to say you should've known better, but after what you did--"

"My father was looking into the Burrows case when he was murdered. This key is the only thing I could recover from his body." She pulls it out and shows him the insignia.

"I don't give a rat's ass about you or your brother." Henry snarls, "I trusted you. I took you under my wing. I treated you like my own son. I believed you. Day after day, you lied to me. What kind of a man does that?"

"A desperate one."

"Yeah." He nods, "and you, Olivia. You were involved in all of this, I truly believed you were innocent and I wanted to help you. Well, you three made a big mistake coming here today. You've given me no choice. I'm gonna notify the authorities right now."