Chapter 20: Flight

It's Thursday and this is the LAST CHAPTER of Season 1!! What's to come next??
_________________
We run across the road to a field and duck into the long grass watching police cars roll away blasting their sirens and sporting their red and blue lights.

"We've got to roll." C-Note says.

"We haven't got to do anything but wait right here and let them get ahead of us." Michael replies.

"I don't know if we're going to get a chance, papi." Sucre says nodding towards the dogs they're bringing out. "They're coming right for us."

They lead the dogs out to a van parked directly in front of where we are hiding.

"Nobody move." Michael says. "They can't smell us." He says but they start barking widely.

"But they can see us." John says.

"Yeah!" I reply noticing a couple of police officers suddenly looking our way pulling out there guns. "Run!" I say and everyone instantly does what I say without a second thought.

Lincoln holds up a barbed wire fence for us to run under.
"Hey, take this suit off you're practically glowing in the dark." Lincoln grabs Haywire.

"I haven't got anything on und..." he starts to say. "I'll freeze to death."

"Take it off." Lincoln pulls him hard, but he breaks free of his grip and runs under the fence. "We've got to do something about that freak."

"Come on, hurry up." John says holding the wire up in place of Lincoln doing it. We run again until we come to a clearing and John stops looking around our surroundings.

"Where's the van?" Sucre asks.

"Where. The. Hell. Is. The. Van?" C-Note patronises when John doesn't reply to Sucre.

"Ye of little faith." He looks around a little longer and we all wait nervously behind him. "Come on." He says suddenly and we're running again, to a bridge.

Under the bridge is the van.

"Behind the wheel Cro-Magnon." John says to Lincoln.

We run over to the van and Haywire jumps into the passenger seat. "John where are the keys?" Lincoln asks.

"What?" Haywire asks perplexed.

"The keys, where are they?" Lincoln repeats.

"I told you in a garbage bin by the trees in a plastic bag." John replies.

"What are you waiting for?" Linc asks Haywire.

"Oh, the keys." He replies and jumps out the passenger seat to go find them. I jump into the passenger seat when he's over by the trees looking for the them and John pulls the keys out his pocket handing them to Lincoln.

Once everyone's in - apart from Haywire - we slam the doors shut and start the engine driving right past him screaming.

I unzip my pocket and slide my four rings onto the designated fingers and then clasp the delicate necklace around my neck, able to breath from the comfort they bring me. So simple. But so meaningful.

Lincoln looks away from the road and at me fingering the chain and charm around my neck as I take a deep breath smiling very slightly. He smirks at my simple happiness and when I look at him he looks straight at the road again seemingly embarrassed that I caught him out.

When we are a few miles in T-Bag starts to talk going back to his usual self. "Hey John, I've got to ask you why you were so intent on LincoIn driving here and you taking that particuIar seat?" There's a moment of silence. "Now, what is it exactIy you got up underneath there, huh?" John puts a gun to T-Bags head as T-Bag handcuffs himself to Michael.