Chapter 17: The Key

I walk toward the door as the buzzer sounds a few days later. "Olivia Granges released from Ad-Seg." A distant voice says and I breath in the fresh and cool outdoor air.

I don't know how Lincoln does it, stay in there I mean, it was driving me insane. Michael was taken to the Psych Ward after being found in the shu, I haven't seen him but I'm guessing it was part of the plan. And Lincoln was taken out of Ad-Seg to be transferred to see LJ, who unfortunately is in custody for killing his mom and step-dad and attempting to murder a man in his home, but I don't believe a word of it.

I walk across the basketball court and Michael greets me with kiss and hugs me tightly. "Hey, well done girl, you covered the hole even if you did get caught." Grandad says.

"Ya'll can sign each other's yearbooks later, where are we at?" T-Bag says, as his usual caring self.

"The map is complete. I got what I needed." Michael tells us slinging his arm around my shoulders and I lift up my hand to take his in mine.

"Then we are ready?" T-Bag asks.

"Almost, I know which pipes we need to take beneath the Psych Ward now, which mean our way to the infirmary is clear. With our new route we're going to come up on the far end of that building, which means we've got to walk down thirty feet of hallway to get to the doctors office, our exit point. Which means there is only one piece left to this whole thing, the key to that room." Michael tells us.

"No sweat, all we gotta do is run a bump and grab on a CO Iike we did last time, grab the keys, make a copy." C-Note replies.

"It's not that easy?" Mike says.

"Oh why is nothing easy? Not even one thing?" I whine. Mike laughs at me.

"We're in prison love, what do you expect?" He boops my nose like I'm a child. "Only the medical staff have those keys." He tells us.

"How're you fixing on getting it then, pretty?" T-Bag asks, putting all the pressure on Michael, again.

"Carefully." He replies. T-Bag shakes his head licking his lips.

"No more surprises this time, right?" C-Note checks.

"Right." Michael nods.

"Jesus, Mary and Joseph." Grandad exclaims. A truck has pulled up outside the fence and a line of yellow dressed men exit the door. And one of them just so happens to be John Abruzzi.

In the cafeteria we grab a tray of food and spot John reading the Bible and praying at a circular table so we head over to him. "Hello John."

"Michael." He looks up. "Olivia."

"How are you?" I ask. He hugs each of us and shows us his scared neck.

"Any day above ground is a blessing." He replies. "Thanks be to God." He sits back down at the table and points to the seats available. "Do you mind? Please."

"Thank you." Michael replies as we take a seat with him. "There's lots of rumours going around."

"Yeah." He says.

"I'm glad you're back." Michael continues.

"I'm surprised you're still here, thought you'd be gone by now." John admits.

"Well we've had a few set backs." Michael confesses.

"Still planning on it?" He asks.