Chapter 24: Down

A/N: IMPORTANT MESSAGE AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER- PLEASE READ IT!

Also I know it's not Monday or Thursday but I just really wanted to get this chapter out.

Thank you. Back to the Story.

And keep an open mind.

_________

"What happens when you get to Mexico?" Nika asks, as we drive steadily down a long road. "Where will you go?"

"It's best if you don't know." Michael replies. "It's best for everyone. We'll drop you off in the next town, and I'll wire you that ten-thousand like I said. It shouldn't take more than a week or two."

While they're talking I look in the rear mirror and then the side mirror constantly checking out the car behind us. "We've got company." I alert them.

Lincoln doesn't look that worried, "are you sure you're not imagining it." He says blankly, he's annoyed that I've had a drink, even though I haven't told him he still knows. Michael looks out the back.

"No, there's a car there." He says and now we can all here it speed up behind us. It comes forward and Michael and Lincoln shout for everyone to hold on just before it smashes into the back of us. I push against the steering wheel and hold my head back against the head rest as strongly as I can, only flying forward a little. "Who is it?"

It cuts into the next lane and speeds up further sliding in next to us on the road, the passengers window is down and Bellick is in the car. The driver turns their car quickly towards us hitting the side of us and we head in the direction of a field before I get us back on the road.

"WHAT DO I DO?" I scream. "LINCOLN, TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!"

"Speed up and hold on tight." He shouts back and I do as I'm told. Their car swerves at us and then they do it again but I'm more prepared this time so I don't go off course as much.

"Can this thing go any faster?" Michael asks panicked by the situation as Bellick and his driver move to hit my car door again.

"What do you think?" I scream. "I'm doing everything I can!"

They hit us again with more force and I'm not prepared at all so we spin sideways further in front of them and halt with a screech before I start the car up again quickly and drive faster down the road trying to get away from them. They quickly get back beside us but swerve behind as a huge truck beeps coming in their direction.

After the trucks has passed they take their stance ready to take another hit at our car.

My door has concaved and presses against me as they take there next hit. "Hold on." Michael shouts as the car comes off the road and drives down a grassy hill on the side.

"LINCOLN THE BRAKES HAVE STOPPED WORKING!" I shout as I press frantically on the pedals.

"What do you mean they've stopped working?"

"I mean I can't stop the car." I shout back at his dumb statement.

Soon the car stops by itself as we crash into a tree completely screwing the shape of the bonnet up. Lincoln throws his door open and walks round to my side. He looks at the damage of the door and looks through the smashed window at my grazed and tear stained face. I just stare at the tree I've driven into in complete shock.

"Nobody move!" Bellick shouts firing a gun into the air and running towards us. "Nobody move." He repeats. "Good to see you again boys, and ladies." He nods at Nika and I.