Chapter 32: John Doe

"What's going on?" I ask, looking at Kellerman who's driving and the two brothers, one of which is looking at me lovingly and the other is glaring me down.

"This Kellerman character is the one who set me up, the one who organised the entire thing." Lincoln jabs his words out angrily.

"What?!" I half shout, "why are we with him?"

"Because I want to take down President Reynolds just as much as you all do." Kellerman replies continuing to drive along the road.

"Where are we going?"

"To Terrance Steadman, apparently." Michael replies.

"Uhm--"

"He is still alive, and I know where he is." Kellerman confirms and turns into a seemingly deserted lot with one large metal building and a lot of concrete. A private plane.

We get out the car and head inside the building that smells strongly of fuel and engines, spotting a white jet and a pilot climbing out of it to meet us.

"I'll do the talking." Kellerman whispers and approaches the man.

"Owen Kravecki?"

"That's me." Kellerman nods and shakes his hand, "hey." Kellerman points at Mike and Linc, "Ben and Phil." And then at me, "and lovely Linda. Let's go, before our wives figure out this is a fishing trip with a girl."

Linda? Really?

"Where's your gear?" The pilot frowns.

"I keep it up north." shrugs Kellerman, or should I say 'Owen'.

"Okay?"

"How long is the flight?" Kellerman asks.

"An hour, forty."

The pilot climbs aboard and we all glance at each other fleetingly before Kellerman goes on and we begin to follow. Lincoln looks extremely sceptical - fairly so - but Mike just reminds him that we don't have a choice.

The plane takes off and we sit in an awkward silence not able to ask Kellerman questions or talk about the plan because the pilot is present and none of us wish to hold a normal conversation.

It's the longest hour and forty minutes of my life.

Although my imagination makes it more enjoyable, thinking about the different life I created for myself with Dr. Halstead and a steady career and a family. However, when my mind is forced back into my reality I can't help but feel sad and like that dream I have isn't enjoyable it's just making me feel worse.

The plane lands and we say farewell to the pilot and walk away, "What's the neighborhood like?" Mike asks.

"No neighborhood." Kellerman replies, "the house sits on 50 acres."

"Are we coming out the way we go in?" I wonder.

"No, there's a back road we'll take."

"How many guards?" Michael continues.

"Usually none. At this point, I really couldn't tell you."

"The second I feel this thing going bad you get a bullet in the head." Lincoln growls a warning at him.