Chapter 1

A/N
This story is unedited guys, sorry. I do plan on revising it but I don't know when. I do get pack names mixed and names sorry but school has made it impossible for me to edit this.
______________
The ball flies up over the net. I crouch down and hit it with my two thumbs put together. We watch as it bounces back to the other team and they miss.

I jump. "Yes! We won!"

Our team huddles together and we all hug each other in happiness.

"We won!" Lizbeth, my best friend squeals hugging me.

I smile. Yes, we did. I love volleyball it takes things off my mind. My smile fades as I remember what I am trying to hard to forget.

Caleb...

"Isabel!" Liz yells trying to get my attention.

"What?" I ask.

"Let's go celebrate!" she yells.

I am still trying to catch my breath and this girl is already thinking about partying. We all head to the lockers leaving the loud gym behind us. Everyone is chatting about the exciting parts in the game and smile looking at the team. I love that we are all close to each other. The important thing about volleyball is to get along amongst ourselves. At least that's what Lizbeth says being the captain and all.

I take a quick shower and then change into jeans with a sweater since it's pretty cold out.

"Where are we heading?" Illeana, one of the girls asks.

"Tony's party!" some girls say.

I frown at Liz. "I don't want to go there."

She turns to look at me sympathetically. "Isabel, I know you are still hurt but you have to show him you don't care."

"But I do." I whisper.

"Just an hour."

I roll my eyes at her. "Fine but after an hour, I am gone."

She laughs. "KK!"

I take out my phone and call my mom.

"I'm going to a party, just wanted to let you know."

"Okay, honey. Your father has the Alpha meeting and he wants everyone for dinner."

I frown. "But why? I hate those things."

"Just be here by dinner."

"Okay, bye."

I hang up with a sigh.

Every five years, all seven Alphas from the US meet to establish rules or something like that. Like seriously, it's a waste of money and time and it always ends up in fights. Seven Alphas in one room is never a good idea but they do it anyway. It is in a different place every time and it is my dad's turn to host.

We head outside where Owen is already waiting for Liz. I pretend that I'm not watching as they embrace in a hug after a kiss.

Owen and Liz are mates. They found each other when Liz turned 16, Owen was 18. Two years ago. Everyone is supposed to find their mate at 16 and everyone has, except me. I would be lying if I told you I wasn't excited. I was actually looking forward to that magic moment when you stare at each other's eyes and you just know you are mates, at least that's what Liz said it feels like.

When I turned 16, my mom actually threw me a party. The party went on and nothing. Isn't your mate supposed to magically appear or something like that? Or it can be someone you knew and you didn't know you were gonna be mates until you both turn 16. My birthday ended and nothing.