Chapter 12

My first instinct is to shift too and help Dylan fight the rogues but I contain myself. I can't leave Sam alone. Not right now. I watch as wolf Dylan begins to fight three rogues at once while the other two are still making their way towards us. And then another wolf jumps in front of me. Dante.

"He-" Sam is stuttering. "He-they-"

Leave, Dylan commands in my head.

For the first time, I actually listen to him. I search for the car keys in Sam's pockets and then pull him to the car. Everyone else has already left and some pack members are beginning to arrive.

I get in the drivers seat and push the accelerator.

"What the hell?" Sam is saying. "Did-did you see that? Your brother he-a wolf...?" He finishes in disbelief.

I don't say anything and drive us to my house, deciding to wait for Dylan there. I hope so much that nothing happens to him. I am so worried. I know that he's strong and he can defend himself but I still worry.

"Why aren't you freaking out?" he asks as we walk into the house. "You are not one of them are you?"

There's disgust and fear in his blue eyes. I can see it clearly. I just stare at him.

He covers his face with his hands. "Oh my god. This can't be happening. Are you telling me that werwolves do exist? That I was dating one?"

"Was?" I say in disbelief.

He shakes his head with a sigh. "This is really fucked up. I don't even know what to think anymore."

"Listen, I know that this is a lot to take in but you can't tell anyone. Sam-" I look at him until he finally meets my gaze. "Please. You can't say anything. I don't care if you ignore me and never talk to me. This has to be kept a secret. It is dangerous enough for you to know. And-" I stop when Dylan walks into the house. "Dylan," I breath in relief. I run to him and put my arms around him. "Thank god you're okay."

To my surprise, he puts his arms around my waist and presses me closer to him. I've never been this intimate with him- and it's only a hug. He pulls me away and examines me. "Are you alright?"

I half smile. "Yes, are you?"

"You don't have to worry about me, Isabel." he says disapprovingly.

"But I do," I say slowly. "I don't want anything to happen to you."

He stares at me intensely as if he's trying to read my mind. He's wearing shorts and whoa- I just realized that he's isn't wearing a shirt. I can't help as my eyes roam over his broad and muscular shoulders, down to his soft and beautiful chest, to his well built and visible six pack. The V is perfectly visible on his torso, just above his shorts. He is like a god.

He grins at me. "Are you almost done there, Isabel?"

I blush and feel heat creeping into my face.

And then Dylan's grin is replaced by another glare at Sam. "What are you doing here?"

"You're a werewolf!" Sam breaths.

Dylan walks to him until they are face to face. I can't help but notice how Dylan is a little taller and more muscular than Sam. Dammit, Isabel, stop it.

"You say one word about what you just saw and you are dead." Dylan threatens in a growl.

"Dylan!" I scold.

Sam looks from me to Dylan then gulps and walks out the door.

I stare at his back in disbelief. I really didn't want us to end like this. He is such a great guy and all I did was ruin his life.