Chapter 27

I hit Luke's arm with my ankle, making him smile. "Come on, babe, again." So I hit it three more times, one after the other.

"You don't want your arms or what?" I tease, breathless. It is hard I do this in the beach. I am used to doing it on a flat surface. I can already feel my muscles burning.

"Calm down. You're not that good." He teases back.

"You did not just say that." I say and then punch his arm with all my force. He doesn't have time to react because I hit him again with my leg causing his to fall to the ground. I press my foot on his chest. "You were saying?"

He is laughing as he raises his arms up. "Fine. You win!"

"Thank you!" I say dramatically and then I trip over his leg and fall on top of him.

"Now I win," he says with a grin he rolls us over so I'm under him.

I look around nervously. "There's children here,"

"Children peck their moms right?" he says pecking my lips.

He suddenly stops and I frown. He smiles. "Hello, Dylan."

My body's response is almost immediate. I suddenly become nervous and even ashamed because of the position I am in with Luke. I feel the weirdest impulse to apologize to him for being so bulgar and I haven't even seen him! Luke puts an arm around my waist and stands us both up.

"Hello," Dylan says in that attractive voice of his.

I finally meet his gaze. He looks- different somehow. He is wearing khaki shorts with a white shirt. His hair is being blowed by the wind, making it messy but not making him look less attractive. I suddenly become conscious of what I'm wearing and how I must look- all sweaty and dirty. Oh, Isabel stop it! You blew him off remember?

"I'm sorry," he continues. "I didn't mean to interrupt."

"We were just practicing Bell's fighting skills," Luke says wiggling his eyebrows and making me blush.

"Did you need anything?" I ask him carefully.

"We need to talk,"

"Dylan-" I begin.

"About Seth," he interrupts.

"Seth?" I whisper.

"What about Seth?" Luke asks suddenly serious.

"I need both of you to tell me exactly what happened when you encountered him."

"Why? What's wrong?" I ask.

"I'm gonna go get Chris and Heather." Luke says and then runs back to the hotel.

"Dylan?"

"What did you do to make him and Alexander so mad?"

Alexander? Oh. The Alpha. Leila's mate. From the biggest pack of the continent. I thought we were done with that?

"Nothing," I say suddenly nervous.

He takes a step forward and I take a step back at the same time. He sighs, frustrated, "Why don't we go to the house?"

"Why are you suddenly interested in what we did? Are you regretting letting us stay?" I ask him defensively.

"Seth and every pack is looking for you Isabel, I need to know exactly what you did so I can help you okay?" he says calmly.