Chapter 9

I laugh as Sam jumps when the girl begins to scream in the movie.

"Hey! That was scary!" he says defensively.

"Oh, come on. You had to see it coming!"

The lights in the theater turn on and everyone begins to walk out. Sam and I stay seated.

He puts an arm around my shoulders. "I'm glad you agrees to come out with me."

I clear my throat. "There was something that was keeping me from saying yes to you, Sam. And lets just say that that something is gone for good."

He grins. "You won't regret saying yes to me."

I smile at him. "I know."

He leans in and pecks my lips slowly as if afraid to push him away. He is so gentle.

"I need to show you something now." He says after the kiss.

I raise my eyebrows. "Yes?"

He laughs. "Not here, silly. Come on."

Hand in hand, we walk out of the theater and get back into his car.

We stop in some kind of neighborhood, in front of a house.

"Where are we?" I ask as he opens the door for me.

"My house." He says with a smile.

"Oh."

He laughs. "I didn't bring you here to have sex, Isabel. I will never make you do something you don't want to."

I sigh of relief. "Thank you."

I lean against his car and he leans on me.

"I want to show you this because I don't want any secrets between us. This is part of my life. It is something I do some nights and it is something that I love doing."

"You're starting to scare me." I tell him.

He smiles. "There's nothing to be scared of silly."

He kisses me then turns around and opens the garage door. Inside, there's a car but it is covered with a cloth. He walks to it and winks at me then grabs the bed sheet and he pulls it off.

My eyes get wide as I stare at the car. It is a dark gray Lamboghini. The outline of the tires is yellow.

"It's beautiful." I say walking closer.

It looks brand new.

I look at him. "You race?"

He grins. "I do." he looks at his wrist watch. "I actually have one in about an hour."

"I want to go."

"Aren't you scared?"

"Are you kidding? I love speed!"

He smiles. "You are awesome."

We to into his house so he could change. I am wearing shorts with a blouse so I think I'm presentable right? I am so excited.

"Are your parents home?" I ask as we walk in.

"No. My dad's a pilot do he is rarely here. My mom left me when I was young." he says from the room.

"I am sorry."

"It's alright." he suddenly puts an arm around my waist. "I got you now."

I turn around and my mouth drops open. Sam has changed into jeans with a black shirt and a leather jacket.

"You look hot." I tell him.

Is he blushing?

"Gee, thanks."

I laugh. "You look so cute when you blush."

He takes my hand. "Come on before I lock you in here and never let you go."

We go out to the garage where we get into the car. It smells so good and feels so good. God, I love this car.

"I had a car once," I say as he drives.

"What happened?"

"I got in a race on the streets with some guy that pissed me off and the cops caught me." I smile at the memory.

"That's my girl."

My girl. I find myself liking the sound of that.

He drives us to the outsides of Miami until I get sight of a race clearing. It is a road that goes all around but it is dirt. Some people are already there with some other nice cars. Sam parks before a line, the start I am guessing.

Outside, it is hot. There are at least fifty people here. Along with Sam's, there are nine other sports cars. There's loud music and beer and people making out everywhere. Looking at the half naked girls, I feel over dressed in my shorts and a blouse.

We reach a guy leaning on a really nice red Porche. He is wearing dark clothes and has a small Mohawk with brown eyes. There's something about him that makes me uneasy.

"Hey, man." the guy says as he shakes hands with Sam.

"Dante," Sam says with a nod then puts an arm around my waist. "This is Isabel."

Dante looks at me and smiles. He takes my hand and pecks it. "Pleasure to meet you."

I smile awkardly. "Thank you."

They begin to talk and I stand close to Sam feeling somewhat protected. The thing is that there is something about Dante. Like I've seen him before or something. I know it's impossible though or is it?

Where have I seen him before? He seems to be in his mid twenties so it couldn't have been in a school. Maybe in Dylan's house?

"I want to ride with you." I tell Sam as everyone prepares to race.

He looks at me disapprovingly. "Are you sure? It's not safe."

I roll my eyes at him. "You remind me of someone I know. Of course I'm sure. I already told you- I love speed."

He leans in to kiss me. His hands go around my waist as he presses himself closer to me.

"Let's go then." he says against my lips.

I smile then get glimpse of Dante watching us from his car. He is grinning at me while shaking his head.

I look away quickly and get in Sam's car. The ride is awesome. I freaking loved it. Sam is a great driver and he drives really fast. We win, being the first ones to drive past the finish line. It feels like I'm in some kind of action movie.

"We won!" I yell as we get out of the car.

Sam laughs and hugs me then spins me around. I peck his lips. "You look so hot when you drive," I whisper in his ear. "Didn't know you had it in you."

He smiles and says something else but I am not listening. I look at Dante one more time and it hits me. I know who he is. At the same time of this realization, I smell him.

Dante is Dylan's third in command. How did I forget him? Sure he rarely goes to the house but I should have known! And now it's too late.

"Isabel?"

I look into Sam's blue eyes and try to smile. "Can we go now? I don't feel so good."

"Are you alright?" he asks with concern.

I shake my head and grab his hand pulling him to his car. "My head hurts."

"Okay." he says following me.

"Isabel!"

I stop dead on my tracks at the sound of his voice. I haven't talked to him for about two weeks since the day we made the deal. We have been avoiding each other since that seems to be the only way to be able to live together.

Sam turns around and frowns. "Who is he?"

Crap. Crap. Crap. What the hell is Dylan doing?

I put my mind to work and then I have it.

I turn around and glare at him. "What are you doing here?"

He is wearing black dressed pants with a blue button down shirt that hugs his muscular shoulders perfectly. He looks so good. Dammit, stop it!

"I should be asking the same thing." he says walking towards me.

"Who are you?" Sam demands taking a protective step in front of me.

People around us are starting to look our way. Dylan always trying to be the center of attention, seriously!

Dylan's gray eyes begin to glow and he growls. "You-"

I place a hand on Sam's chest, covering his view of Dylan. "He's my brother," I blurt out.

"Your brother?" Sam asks looking at Dylan again.

"Brother?" I hear Dylan whisper under his breath.

"Oh," Sam smiles then takes a step towards Dylan as he offers his hand. "Pleasure to meet you."

If looks could kill, I am pretty sure I'd be thirty feet underground by the look Dylan is giving me.

I take Sam's hand and smile. "He isn't very fond of my boyfriends."

"And I totally get why," Sam tells Dylan with a smile. "Isabel is the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. I will never hurt her."

Dylan isn't saying anything. He's still glaring at me and I think he's starting to shake. Dante takes a step next to him and whispers something in his ear.

I smile at Sam again. "Will you give me a minute with my brother? I'll meet you in the car."

He smiles and strokes my cheek. "Of course, babe." he leans in and kisses me in front of everyone then turns around and walks to his car.

I am blushing but I sigh and turn around. "What the hell?" I hiss at Dylan.

He gives a look to everyone watching and that's enough to make them look away. He narrows his eyes at me. "What are you doing here?"

"Hanging out with my boyfriend." I answer without missing a beat.

He grabs my arm. "This isn't my territory, Isabel. I can't protect you here."

"Then why is he," I point at Dante.
"-here?"

"This is the boundary line. It is no ones territory. "

"Then what's the problem?" I ask with a frown.

"The problem is that this isn't safe."

"You are not supposed to get into my business remember?"

"I am, if it's about your safety."

I sigh. "Oh my god, Dylan, just stop it. All I was doing is going on a date with Sam, that's all. See? Nothing happened to me. I am perfectly fine."

"Your boyfriend," he hisses.

"Yes, my boyfriend. Sam can protect me."

He suppresses a laugh. "That human is not even capable of protecting himself!"

I stare at him. "Are you jealous?"

He doesn't say anything and, for a moment, I think that he might be.

"No, I am not jelous!" he finally hisses. "I just don't think it is safe for you to go around being with a human. You are putting his life in danger."

"That is none of your business!"

He nods. "You're right. Come on, lets go."

He pulls me but I free myself from his grasp. "I am not going anywhere with you."

"Yes, you are."

"You are so bossy."

He shrugs. "Not going to argue about that."

"I am leaving with Sam, end of discussion." I smile at him. "See you at home, brother."

I get on my tip toes and peck his hard cheek just to mess with him. Only, when I'm there, his hand goes to the back of my head and he presses me closer to him so that our cheeks are touching. This is the closest I've ever been to him. His neck looks so tempting and kissable. And his scent- so deliciously sexy and hot.

"This is not over, Isabel," he whispers in my ear, his minty breath hitting my neck.

I can feel myself get a little hot by this. God, why does he have to have this effect on me? It's not fair.

I smile and, because I can't contain myself, I plant a kiss on the crook of his neck. I feel him freeze when my lips come in contact with his skin. "Bye, brother."

I smile one more time before I turn around and walk away.

"Brother," I hear him hiss in disgust.