Chapter 30

I stare at her with a smile. Isabel is fast asleep on the bed. My bed. In my room. With me.

It still feels like a dream. God. I turned into such a girl!

I shake my head and put on a shirt. I lean in and peck her forehead before finally heading out of the room. "What's up?"

Mason stares at me.

"What?" I ask him.

He clears his throat. "Nothing. I am sorry, Alpha."

I laugh. "Mason, it's okay. Tell me."

He stares at me again. "It's just- it's going to take a while for me to get used to you."

I laugh again. "Right. So should we go?"

"Y-yeah of course."

We make rounds all day. Just to make sure the boundaries are safe. The pack is looking great. We didn't loose any of the memebers I took with me when I went to look for Seth and that makes me happy because the whole pack is still complete which makes me and my wolf happy. My life has never been more complete. Everything is just- great. I've never in my life have felt so alive. Everyday, I look forward to when I get to go home and be with her- my mate. My beatiful and perfect mate.

Isabel just makes everything better. She is beyond perfection. She drives me crazy.

That day, I don't get home until twilight. Finally, I get to be with her. When I walk in the house, I am startled when I find it dark.

"Isabel?" I ask and my voice echoes in the house.

Strange thing it is how I am not scared because somehow I know that she is safe but I still need to know where she is.

I run upstairs just to find the bedroom empty. I turn on the lights, stupidly thinking that maybe I didn't see her.

My heart skips a beat when I see an envelope on the bed.

"No," I whisper. "No, no, no, no. NO!" I yell desperately.

I take a deep breath. Dylan, you need to calm down. You are becoming what you once were. I am not that type of man anymore. No matter what happens. No matter what that letter says. I take the envelope with trembling hands and almost rip the paper as I open it.

"Dylan," I whisper as I read.

I'm okay, I can almost see her rolling her eyes at me, I am sorry for leaving this way but I know that if I would have asked you, you were gonna want to come with me and your pack needs you. Although I would have really liked it if you could have come. I came to see my family. I've missed them so much lately that I just had to visit them. I don't know when I'll be back but I need you to trust that I will. Please don't come look for me. I will tell my parents that you couldn't leave your pack unprotected. Besides, I would like a break to clear my mind but god, I miss you already. Again, please don't come and look for me. I need you to trust me, Dylan. Something that we now know you can do so it shouldn't be so hard. Please take care and hopefully I will see you soon. I love you. -Isabel.

Strangely enough, I actually feel better after reading the letter. She is okay, that is all I really needed to know. I trust Isabel. I trust her enough to not look for her. I know that she's going to be back soon because we are mates and she is mine just like I am hers.

"Dylan?" Dante asks suddenly in front of me. "Is something wrong?"

"Isabel-" I start and then just hand him the letter.

He scans through it and then looks at me. "The Luna will come back, you know that right?"

I stare at him for a moment and then begin to nod and smile slowly. "Yes, yes, I actually do."