Chapter 29

"How do I always end up here, with you?" I ask breaking the silence between Dylan and I.

After Luke left, I went up to my room to cry a little and then just sat there until I decided I needed a drink and made my way to a bar on the beach whereas Dylan decided to follow.

Dylan takes a sip of the vodka in front of him and looks at me. "Is it really that disappointing to you?"

I shrug. "It's like I'm not moving forward with my life. It's actually kind of sad."

He sighs and then stands up and walks away just like that.

I am such a bitch. My life sucks so much and I am not helping. I cover my face with my hands. My life is a mess. I sigh and stand up. I feel a little dizzy and I feel a strong hand grab my elbow for support.

I turn around and frown. I open my mouth to say something but he beats me to it.

"Hi, I am Dylan," he says offering me his hand.

I open my mouth again but nothing comes out. I stare at his hand said it were some kind of alien.

"This is the part where you say something along the lines of 'I'm Isabel'" he suggests under his breath.

I let out a shaky laugh. "What are you doing exactly?"

"I want to start all over. From day one when we met."

It seems ages since we met in my father's gathering. So many things have happened.

I roll my eyes at him. "And now you are turning corny on me."

"On you?"

I feel my face grow hot. "You know what I meant!" I hiss, embarrassed.

He laughs. "You blush beautifully, stranger."

"I'm sorry but I don't take compliments from strangers."

"I have a feeling that if you really did that, you wouldn't have gone through so much trouble."

I laugh. "You're probably right."

"Let's go for a walk?"

I shrug. "Sure."

We head to the beach. It is a beautiful night. The moon is bright up in the sky and the weather is not so humid. As we walk, I suddenly feel Dylan's hand going around mine. His skin is soft but cold.

"I hope it's still okay to do this?" he whispers softly without looking at me.

I smile to myself. ""You're an idiot."

I feel him turn to look at me. "I know."

I turn to look at him with a stupid smile.

"I'm sorry," he whispers as we begin to lean in.

I don't hear what he says next. I don't care about anything at that moment. All I want to concentrate is on making our lips touch. I am about to touch the full lips of him when something stings my neck. I shut my eyes and my hand goes to the mark on my neck. "Ah!" I yell as I fall on my knees.

"Isabel!" Dylan yells at the same time. "What's wrong?" he keeps reapeating but I can't answer. The pain is nothing like I've ever felt before. It is excrusiating. I have tears running down my cheeks. It is a burning sensation. I don't know how I get to Dylan's room but, when I open my eyes again, I am in there, on the bed. I can hear him yelling at everyone in the background. Everything is just a blurr to me. And then I slowly realize what is wrong with me.

Luke.

He is in danger. He is hurting so I am too because of his mark on my neck.

"Dy-lyan." I choke out.