Chapter 16

I stare at the white wall in front of me.

"Just you and me," I whisper at it then I sigh. "And now I am talking to the walls."

I stand up and stretch my body. It has been a week since I last went to school and I have never been more bored in my life. I hate being here, trapped in these four walls without having any interaction with anyone.

I am doing this to make Dylan happy, I have to constantly remind myself that. I know that it's worth it because he has been in a really good mood lately. I sigh again and then decide to go get some food after changing to jeans, knwoing Dylan doesn't like it when I wear shorts.

"Hey Kate," I say taking a seat on the chair

She smiles. "How are you this afternoon, Ms. Isabel?"

I frown. "Bored out of my mind."

She prepares my plate and sets it in front of me.

"Would you eat with me? I don't like eating alone." I say suddenly homesick. My mom would always wait until I got home so we could eat together. I miss her so much along with my dad and even my annoying little sister.

She smiles again and takes a seat in front of me. "Sure."

"So have you always belonged to Dylan's pack?" I ask eager to talk to someone about anything really.

She nods. "Yes. I have always worked for his family also."

I look at her. "Have Dylan and Ryan never gotten along or what?"

"The Alpha has always been the one on the spotlight, the oldest always is. He did disappoint his father when he decided to go to college but that didn't mean he could just run away from his place as the heir to the Alpha place."

I nod slowly. "Dylan is very-" I struggle for the right word. "-controlling. Has he always been that way?" Yes, I am still hoping to find a way for me to have a life and have him be happy at the same time. Can you blame me though? To be honest, I am not sure for how much longer I can endure this situation.

"He has always been more perserved but he never had a girlfriend so I can't possibly tell you how he was."

I look down at my food, sadly.

She places her hand on top of mine and smiles at me sympathetically. "He cares about you, darling."

I half smile. "A little too much maybe?"

"This is new to him and he doesn't know how to act. All you have to do is have some patience. I am sure that he's going to come to his senses one of these days."

"I hope so," I whisper.

"Kate,"

Kate immediately stands up and bows down. "Would you like to eat, Alpha?"

"Please," is his response and I go back to my food.

He kneels next to me and looks at me. "Are you alright?"

I want to tell him no, I am not alright. I am bored as hell and I just want to run the hell out of this house but I bit my tongue and smile instead. "Yep. You?" I say turning to look at him.

I notice that his eyes are a darker shade and he does not look alright at all.

He leans in until our foreheads are touching. He closes his eyes and sighs. "Today has been a hard day. You are the only person I am thankful for."