Chapter 15

"So do you ever eat animals?"

I look up from my food and give Sam the look. "I am eating."

He rolls his eyes at me. "Come on, I'm curious."

"We can yes," I say slowly. "But I don't. I wouldn't unless I was starving and didn't have a choice. Of course I always do because I can just turn back human when I get hungry."

He shakes his head. "I still can't believe that I dated a magical creature."

I snort. "Calm down! It's not really a big deal."

It is a big deal. I could get into trouble with the Alpha but my father never did and then there's Dylan...

"It is for me! Am I the first human you date?"

I roll my eyes because he looks like a little boy. He's so cute. "No." And then, just because I love teasing him, I continue,"You know why I like humans, Sam?" I lean across the table and whisper in his ear, "Because I like to lure them I to my bedroom and suck every single drop of their blood." I say then press my lips on his neck, I feel him freeze. I give it a peck and then burst out laughing when I see the scared look on his face.

"I didn't believe you!" he says defensively. "Vampires do that not werewolves!"

I am cracking up. "You-should ha-have-seen your face!"

"Hey, Isa!"

I look at Mia through my now wet-with-tears eyes who throws me a volleyball ball. "Why don't you join me in a little game? Just you and me, baby!" she says winking.

I stand up. "You're on!"

"I hope she beats you!" Sam says behind me.

I smile at him as I walk backwards through the beach. "You know you love me!"

"Yes," he says under his breath but I hear him perfectly. "I do."

I stare at him for a moment and then turn around and decide to pretend I didn't hear him. Mia is has the net already set up. Like she said, it's just me and her.

"May the best one win!" I say dramatically.

"I am so going to beat you, Luna!"

I narrow my eyes at her. "What did I tell you about calling me Luna?" I ask angrily then serve the ball over to her side. She is laughing but manages to get to it just in time.

I take my shirt off quickly, exposing my purple bikini. I have shorts on so I decide to leave those on. Mia is a really good player and she puts up one of the best games over ever played. I am sweating and, in not time, we get ourselves a crowd cheering us on.

Mia and I are tied, she is really good at this. Everyone is whistling and cheering when Dylan is suddenly in front of me. The ball bounces on his back but he doesn't even flinch. He grabs my by the shoulders and glares at me. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" he growls at me.

He is so angry that he is shaking. I can feel his wolf at bay. I reach and touch his arm. "Dylan, calm down."

"Isabel?" Sam is suddenly next to me. "Is he hurting you?" He asks glaring at Dylan.

Dylan lets me go and gives his attention to Sam.

"Sam, get the hell out of here." I whisper in his ear. "Now."

He doesn't move and, for a moment, I think that he is going to stay there and fight Dylan which would be him signing his death sentence, and then he just nods and turns around. Dylan then turns around and glares at the crowd around us. "What the fuck are all of you staring at?" No one dares to question him and they all walk away without another word.