Chapter 17

I don't know how I end up in his room but I wish they wouldn't have taken me in there. Sam looks horrible. His face is unrecognizable. He has cuts all over his arms and one of his legs is casted. He has a bandage around his head. I break into another sob and fall on my knees.

"Oh Sam!" I whisper over and over again.

Mason pulls me up and helps me sit on the couch. Mia sits next to me. "There is a way to save him, you know."

I turn to look at her through the blurriness of my eyes. "Wh-what a-are y-y-you talking ab-about?

"Dylan, Isabel," she says as the tears roll down her own cheeks. "Because he is an Alpha, he has the power to turn anyone into a werewolf."

Yes. I have only seen this happen once by my own dad. He witnessed a car crash in which one of his human friends was involved. He was dying in the hospital and my father couldn't fight against the urge of saving him. That man is now a wolf.

"Dylan," I whisper.

And then Dylan suddenly stalks into the room and, angrily, grabs me by the arm and pulls me out of the room.

"Stop! Stop!" I yell as he pulls me down the hallway.

He turns to glare at me. "You have no business here, Isabel."

"Sam is my friend!" I say through tears. "He is dying."

"Yeah, I hope he does." he growls at me. He then throws me over his shoulder and he stalks out of the hospital. I can't stop crying. I hate this. I hate Dylan for doing this to me.

"You have no right to do this!" I yell at him when he puts me in the car.

He growls at me. "I have every single right with you."

I hug my knees and begin to cry. He starts the car and drives us angrily to the house.

He opens my door and helps me stand up. He leans me against the car. "Do no cry." he says pulling my chin up and making me look into his eyes. "He. Does. Not. Deserve. A. Single. One. Of. Your. Tears." He growls under his breath as he cleans them with the back of his hand.

"You have to help him." I whisper.

He freezes and looks into my eyes but doesn't say anything.

I grab his hand from my face and squeeze it. "Dylan, please. He is not going to make it. You are the only one who can save him."

"No." he states then pulls me into the house.

"Why not? You can't be that heartless."

He smirks. "Apparently you don't know me then."

We reach my room and I walk in but he stays in the doorway. "You are to stay in this room." He orders.

"I have to see Sam," I whisper walking to the door.

"You are not going anywhere." he says grabbing my arm. He pulls me to him but I put my hands on his chest and push him away.

"No," I tell him.

He tries to kiss me again but I stop him.

"Dylan, stop it!"