Chapter 10

"Woooo!" I yell as I press my foot on the acelerator. A hundred and twenty miles per hour. Wow. I didn't know it felt so good. So relaxing. I love the adredaline.

Sam is laughing next to me.

I still can't believe that he actually let me drive his car. If it were my car, I would not let anyone drive it.

I drive us to the beach, close to the house. What is the point of hiding it from Sam? He already met Dylan.

"You're brother didn't like me, did he?" Sam asks as we walk hand in hand.

I smile at his worried look. "Dylan doesn't like anyone."

"He cares about you, that's for sure."

My smile fades. "He likes to think he can rule everyone. "

He pecks the top of my hand. "I will make things right with him so he won't have a problem."

I roll my eyes at him. "He's stubborn, Sam, don't waste your energy with him. Besides, I won't let him get in between us."

We walk in a comfortable silence to the house. It is dark which means no one is here.

"Well, this is my stop."

Sam pecks my lips. "See you tomorrow?"

I nod. "Yeah, can't wait."

After a long kiss, I finally go into the house with a stupid smile in my lips.
I lean against the door for a moment. My smile begins to fade as I look around the house. No matter what I do, I will never be able to forget about my reality: Dylan and how I am unwanted. Don't get me wrong. I like Sam. He is sweet and kind and he makes me forget about my problems for a moment but there's something that makes this relationship incomplete and maybe a waste of time. I don't want to hurt Sam. Maybe I should just end this before it gets bigger.

"Hey, babe."

I look at Ryan who is walking towards me. "Ryan."

"What's wrong?" there's anything but concern in his voice.

"Are you high?"

He smiles lazily. "Maybe."

He must have taken something very strong for him to not wear it off quickly.

"Come on, lets get you in bed."

"But I want to talk."

I frown. "About what?"

"Us. "

I roll my eyes at him. "Ryan, there's no us."

"There will be when I rise."

I look into his gray eyes. "What do you mean when you 'rise'?"

He strokes my cheek. "I am supposed to be Alpha, Isabel not my poor excuse of a brother." His eyes glow when he says that.

"What?" I whisper.

"He thinks he's all powerful because he is the oldest. "

"And because he is the Alpha, Ryan, don't forget that."

He stares at me for a moment. "Are you on his side now?"

"No," I say suddenly not liking where this is going. "All I'm saying is that-" I sigh. "-I know I don't know Dylan as good as you do but I know he cares about his pack." So much that he has decided to reject his mate. I bit my lips from saying that.

"He likes to boss people around. He likes to boss me around and I am not about to let him keep doing that."

"What are you talking about?" I ask confused.

His arm snakes it's way around my waist. "Why don't we take this to my room?"

"Ryan-"

He places his index finger on my lips. "Shhh. Don't you want to show my brother what he's missing? He's such an idiot for not wanting you. You are so-" he leans in and whispers in my ear. "-mouthwatering."

I feel like an animal he's about to kill.

"Ryan, stop," I say trying not to show how much he's scaring me. I don't like this side of him. "Stop-"

He crashes his lips to mine. I shut them and put my hands on his chest. I try to push him away but he is hard as stone. He leaves my lips and goes down to my neck. "Let me go! Ryan, let me-!"

He looks up and me a growls. I gasp when I realize that his eyes are no longer gray but red- like a rogue.

He tries to kiss me again. By now, I am leaning against the wall with Ryan all over me. What the hell is wrong with him?

"S-to-p!" I try to yell against his lips.

Oh my god. I am getting raped. I am getting raped by my mate's brother.

Dylan.

I close my eyes shut. Normally, he has our mind link blocked, if he has it right now, I am screwed.

Dylan, I call with all my strength and concentration, Dylan, please. I need you.

I open my eyes and nothing. Why would he come? He doesn't care. He doesn't-

Ryan is suddenly pulled off of me. I gasp when I see Dylan standing in front of me. That was so fast.

"Isabel," he whispers. He walks to me and strokes my cheek with the back of his hand.

"Dylan," I whisper in relief and then I can't help it. I put my arms around his waist and bury my face in his chest. It feels so good to be in his arms. I feel so protected.

He doesn't touch me but he doesn't push me away either until he places his hands on my arms and pulls me away. I am disappointed and then I realize that Ryan has recovered from the fall. Dylan places me behind him.

Ryan shakes his head and then smiles at Dylan. "Good one, brother. But you kind of interrupted-"

Ryan never gets to finish his sentence because Dylan throws himself at him. Ryan crashes on the couch making it collapse.

"Dylan, no!" I yell as he begins to punch him uncontrollably. I run to them. Both of their eyes are glowing, I know that I have no chance to stop them in their wolf form so I must stop them before it gets out of hand.

"Dylan, please!" I yell desperately. His claws are out and they are filled with blood-Ryan's blood. I can't even imagine what Ryan's face will look like after this- if he survives.

"What's going on?"

I look at Mason who has ran his way in. "Mason, please stop him!"

Mason grabs Dylan's arm. "Come on,"

Dylan growls at him and push him against the wall. I take that distraction as an opportunity. I kneel next to him.

"Dylan," I say. "Please stop."

He turns to look at me and his glare soothes a little. "He was going to-" he clenches his jaw. "If I wouldn't have come he would have-"

"But you came." I whisper putting hand on his cheek. He winces put doesn't move it away.

"He doesn't deserve to be breathing,"

"Dylan, he's your brother."

"He gave that up the moment he decided to hurt you."

My heart warms at his words. Then I shake my head. It doesn't matter what Ryan tried to do. I can't let Dylan kill him.

"Please," I whisper pressing my palm on his cheek. "Please, just leave him." I glance at a now unconscious Ryan. He looks horrible. There's blood and wounds all over his face and neck. I remember what he was about to do and I feel my eyes begin to fill with tears. "Please."

He reaches out and cleans the tear that was rolling down my cheek. It takes me by surprise but I am pleased. It feels so good to feel his skin. To feel him so close to me.

"Take him before I change my mind," he orders not taking his eyes off of me.

Mason takes Ryan without saying a word.

Dylan stands up and then helps me on my feet. "Are you-" he scratches the back of my head. "-are you okay? Did he-" he sighs, frustrated. "-did he-"

"No," I interrupt with a small smile. "Thank you, for coming."

"I wasn't kidding when said I brought you here to protect you. I haven't been doing a very good job but-"

"Don't say that. Dylan, you can't always be there to save me when I need you, I get that and it's okay." I smile at him.

"I should have killed him."

"Don't say that." I say with a frown. "Ryan is an ass but he's your brother and I don't want you to hurt him because of me."

"What was he saying before...?"

"He-he wasn't making any sense. He was so stoned."

"Typical Ryan."

"How come you two don't get along?"

He sighs then turns around and walks to the window.

Dammit. I had to kill it. Just when we were talking. Me and my big mouth.

I take a step to leave and then he talks.

"It all started when my parents were killed. " He begins still looking out the window. "Ryan, he was suddenly against everything I did and said."

"He wanted to be Alpha,"

He turns around and raises an eyebrow at me.

"It was one of the things he said before..."

"Why?" He whispers. "Why would he want to be Alpha?"

"Power?" I guess. "Isn't that why you like it?"

"I don't like it," he says. "I wish I never would have gotten the title. I wish someone else would have gotten it. I wish my parents were still alive."

I have never seen him look so- sad and vulnerable. I am so used to the dark, glaring Dylan that I don't even know how I should treat him this way.

"I didn't think you had feelings." I blurt out.

He half smiles.

Oh my god. Dylan actually smiled! Its a half smile but it counts, right? Better than nothing! I try not to show my excitement to not freak him out. But god, he has such beautiful smile.

"I didn't know either," he jokes.

"You know, for someone who didn't want the Alpha title, you sure love to give orders."

"That part, I like," he admits.

I laugh and he half smiles again.

We stare at each other for a moment and then my phone rings.

I jump and get it out from my pocket.

"Sam," I answer.

Dylan's smile leaves his face automatically and the glare is back.

"Hey."

"Is something wrong?" I ask.

"No, I was just thinking about you."

I feel my face grow hot then I turn around and give my back to Dylan. "Really?"

I hear him laugh. "I sound like a creep don't I?"

I laugh. "A little, yes, but a cute one."

I can almost see him smile. "I'll let you sleep now. I just wanted to hear your voice."

I smile. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight, babe."

I hang up.

"I am so-" I turn around but stop.

Dylan is gone.

Comment & vote if you'd like!