Chapter Eleven

Danielle's P.O.V

I walk into the house with Cole trailing behind me and my mom looks at me with a smile. I place my bag on the ground and furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"Why are you smiling at me like that?" I ask my mom as I walk into the kitchen, taking an apple out of the fruit bowl.

"Oh nothing, I just realised something." My mom says as I take a seat on the stool and Cole takes a seat next to me.

"Where's Andrea?" I ask, looking around to see if she is on the couch hiding but she isn't and my mom let's out a chuckle.

"In the shower." My mom says with a grin and I look at Cole with a frown and he just shrugs.

"Can you please tell me what's going on?" I ask and my mom brings me into a hug.

"Your birthday is in two weeks!" My mom says and I let out a groan.

"Kill me." I say and my mom shakes her head.

"I know you hate your birthday but I will still make it really special." My mom says and I roll my eyes.

"You say that every year." I say and my mom let's out a laugh.

"Could you stop being so stubborn for once?" My mom asks and I jump off my stool and walk towards my room.

"I'm going to lay down." I say and my mom just let's out another laugh and I swear she is drunk because two of her wine bottles is empty.

I let out a scream in my pillow to try and let out my anger but it doesn't go away. I clench my fists together and grit my teeth in annoyance.

"Stupid birthday." I say and Cole walks in my bedroom and closes the door behind him, locking it.

"Whats wrong?" He asks and I shake my head, letting out a sigh. I walk to my stereo and turn it on, making sure the volume is all the way up. The song Birthday by Selena Gomez comes on and I let out a groan, picking up my stereo and ready to throw it at a wall but Cole stops me. He turns the stereo all the way down so all we could hear is my heavy breathing.

"Calm down." He says quietly, trying to take the stereo out of my hands and when he does, he sets it back on the table and grabs my hand, making me sit on my bed.

"Now, tell me what's wrong." Cole orders and I shake my head, holding back the tears.

"No." I say, trying to keep my voice strong but it's comes out in a whisper like I trying to hold the last of my dignity together.

"Danielle, tell me." He says again, he voice staying hard but when the first tear falls, his face falls and he holds my shoulders.

"Don't cry, Danielle. Your stronger than this." Cole says, wiping the tears away with his thumbs. I hold onto his arms as I start to sob loudly.

Cole let's out a sigh and holds me in his arms, rocking me slightly.

"Just sleep, Danielle. You'll feel better soon." Those are the last words I hear from Cole before I fall asleep in his arms.

●●●

After I had fallen asleep in Cole's arms, I woke up at ten at night with Cole holding me while leaning against the wall, asleep. I would be lying if I said that I didn't enjoy sleeping him his arms for at least six hours.

Josh: So tomorrow at seven?

Me: Yeah.

Josh: Okay, see you then, Danielle.

Me: Bye, Josh.