Chapter Seventeen

Danielle's P.O.V

I walk into the school building with a small smile on my face. When Maya looks over at me and sees the mood that I am in, her eyebrows furrow in confusion as to why her moody best friend is happy in the morning.

By the way, I don't even know why I am this happy. Maybe it is because I have figured out that I like Cole or maybe it's because I am just happy to be at school.

Ha, happy to be at school? Yeah, I don't think so.

I send her a wave and open my locker, beginning to take out my books that I left here yesterday. Maya leans her arm against the locker beside mine and frowns at me.

"Okay, who are you and what have you done with my best friend?" Maya asks and I slam my locker shut and turn to Maya, my smile not fading.

"Good morning to you too, Maya." I say happily, not really bothering to say a sarcastic remark. As I begin to walk down the hallway towards my first class, Maya runs up to me and stops in front of me.

"Danielle..." Maya starts, the frown spreading a little more. "What the hell happened?" Maya asks and I shrug, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Is it normal for me to be happy?" I ask and Maya narrows her eyes at me.

"It is normal for you to happy? Your damn right it is!" Maya says in a low tone and I roll my eyes, walking around Maya and continuing my walk towards my first class. Once again, Maya stops me by pushing my up against the lockers, making sure to not hurt me in the process.

"Tell me what happened otherwise I will tell everyone that you are secretly sleeping with Cole." Maya threatens and the smile on my face widens. Maya notices this and her eyes widen in horror.

"Your sleeping with Cole?" Maya shouts and I cover my hand over her mouth to shut her up.

"Maya, it was a one time thing. We were both vulnerable and... yeah." I explain but Maya isn't having any of it. She pulls my hand away from her mouth and stares into my green eyes.

"Vulnerable or not, you still had sex with the player! The freaking player, Danielle!" Maya scowls and before I can say a word, a certain boy appears beside the both of us, looking at us with a small grin.

"Well, I didn't know you swung for the other team, Maya." Cole says and Maya turns to Cole and pushes him against the locker.

"You listen here, you demented brown haired fuck boy," Maya growls and I can't help but roll my eyes at her insult. "You stay away from my best friend." Maya says and Cole raises his eyebrow at her.

"And if I don't?" Cole asks, glancing over at me and I can't help but smile. Maya grabs the collar of Cole's shirt and pulls his face down to hers.

"I will put you in a hospital bed." Maya says and Cole looks over at me again and sends me a small smirk.

"You better visit me, Danielle." Cole says and I roll my eyes in humor as Maya looks at the both of us in disgust. The warning bell rings and Maya steps away from Cole.

"I mean it, Cole." Maya says before walking off and I burst out laughing when Cole fixes his shirt.

"Is she usually this jealous?" Cole asks and I shake my head, wiping the tears away from the corner of my eyes. Cole wraps an arm around my shoulders as we begin to walk to class.

"Did you bring the assignment?" Cole asks and I nod, holding the sheets close to my chest.

"Yeah. Now since I did most of the work, your explaining what we did to the teacher."