Chapter Fourteen

Danielle's P.O.V

I wake up with a slight pain in my head but I ignore it as it is only minor and get up, walking over Cole's sleeping figure to go watch some television.

I look at the time and frown. It is only three in the morning and by the looks of it, my mom and Andrea are still not home. What the hell could they possibly be doing?

I sit on the couch and rub my forehead as I turn the television on. Spongebob appears on the television and I let out a sigh.

"Your awake." Cole says and I look over at him with a frown. Before I can say a word, Cole holds up a hand.

"Let me speak." Cole says and I let out a sigh when he takes a seat next to me on the couch.

"Danielle," He starts, looking me dead in the eyes. "I'm sorry for what I said. I can tell it hurt you and I don't like hurting people."

"You hurt girls every day, what are you saying?" I ask, my eyebrows furrowing and Cole rolls his eyes.

"One thing you never listen to in high school are the rumors because they are always fake." Cole says and I chuckle softly and roll my eyes.

"Not always." I say and Cole grins.

"Well, the ones about me breaking girls hearts after having sex with them, they are fake." Cole says and I narrow my eyes at him.

"Your lying." I say and Cole shrugs.

"Fine, I broke one girls heart because even though she knew that it was only a one night stand, she still pretended that it wasn't and when I confronted her when she started saying that we were dating, she began to cry and made a scene which made me look like the bad guy." Cole says ans I chuckle.

"She really must of liked you." I say and Cole shrugs.

"I don't do relationships but anyway, back to what I was saying, I don't like to hurt people and when I saw that I hurt you, I felt terrible." Cole says, getting back to the topic at hand and I nod, letting him to continue.

"But what I don't understand is why would you cry because your mom mentioned your birthday?" Cole asks and I let out a sigh.

I might as well tell him.

"Two years ago on my birthday, something terrible happened which makes me hate the day I was brought into the world. My father... he died on my birthday and what is worse is that it was my fault." I say, looking anywhere but Cole.

"I know you might be thinking that I wasn't my fault but it was. On my fifteenth birthday, my mom got me a cake but since it wasn't the one that she ordered, my father offered to go and get another one. My mom said no but since I was being stubborn, I said for him to go get me a new one. He did as he was told and when we waited five hours for him to come back, we started to get worried." I wipe a tear away from my eye and try to control my shaking hands.

"My mom went to go find him and since I was home by myself, I just watched the television, trying to not worry. But then, the news came on and there my father was... dead. He had a car crash and the reporter said that a drunken driver, who had escaped the car crash, had crashed into my father's car, killing the passenger and my father." I bite my lip and look up at Cole, my eyes watery again.

"It was my fault." I mumble and Cole frowns at me and pulls me into a hug.

"I-I don't know what to say." Cole mumbles, his chin resting on my head and I cling onto him, shutting my eyes as the painful memory comes back into my head.

"Just... don't say anything." I say and Cole let's out a sigh.

"I am sorry, Danielle. I brought it up and made you feel like shit." Cole says and I break the hug and look up at him, wiping my tears.

"You didn't know." I say and Cole shakes his head.

"That is no excuse though-"

"Cole, it's okay." I say, putting on a smile. Cole looks at me for a few seconds before letting out another sigh.

"Come here." Cole says and he lifts me up so that I am sitting on his lap. My back is facing the television and I look up at Cole in confusion.

"What are you doing?" I ask and Cole smiles and wraps his arms around my waist.

"We both need sleep." Cole says and I nod, resting my head in the crook of his neck. Cole grabs the blanket beside us and places it over the both of us as we begin to fall asleep... again.

●●●

I hear a car pull up outside and I let out a groan, opening my eyes. I look at Cole who is snoring in front of me, his eyes still shut. I tap his cheek and he hits my hand away.

"Cole, our mom's are home." I say and Cole immediately jumps up, his arms wrapping around me as we fall onto the ground with a loud thump. I let out a groan and hold my hands on my forehead where I had landed.

The door opens and I don't get up, not because of the pain but because I'm just too lazy.

"Hey kids, we're home!" I hear my mom say and Cole gets up, awkwardly waving at Andrea and my mom. I stand up after a few seconds pass and look at my mom.

"What the hell happened to you?" I ask my mom and she shales her head, placing her bag on the table. My mom has a bruise on her jaw and a scratch across her cheek which makes me smirk.

"Who won?" I ask and my mom throws me a grin.

"Of course I did. Andrea got it on tape if I want to sue the bitch so if you-"

"Let me watch!" Cole and I both scream as we run towards Andrea who is laughing.

"Kids will be kids." I hear my mom say under her breath as she walks into the kitchen.

●●●

"So, what do you feel like doing today?" Cole asks, walking into my room and I place my sketchbook beside me and grin at Cole.

"Nothing with you." I say and Cole rolls his eyes.

"Come on, I'm bored." Cole groans and I shrug, standing up and walking over to my stereo, turning it on.

"I'm pretty sure you can call someone to pick you up. You do have friends." I say and Cole shakes his head.

"They are busy."

"And every girl in the town? I'm pretty sure some girl would want to get in your pants." I say, turning up the song All Time Low by Jon Bellion. Cole rolls his eyes and takes a seat next to me.

"Come on, don't be boring." Cole says and I shrug.

"Pretty hard when it's in my blood." I say and Cole let's out a groan and stands up, walking out of my bedroom.

"Tell my mom I'll be back later." Cole shouts and I roll my eyes and grab my sketchbook, going to continue to draw my father and my mom.

"No one interrupts my drawing time."

●●●

Boring chapter, I'm sorry but did you like when Danielle finally told Cole about her father? Now we just need Cole to spill out his secrets.

You know what to do.

Vote

Comment

Share

I love you all and hopefully I'll update soon.

-XmysterysmileX