Chapter Twenty Two

Danielle's P.O.V

"What the hell happened to your forehead?" Maya asks, running up to me as soon as I enter the building. I wave her off and continue to walk towards my locker.

"I'm not dying so don't worry." I say and Maya frowns, watching as I begin to put my books into the locker. When I finish, I slam my locker shut and look at Maya who is looking at someone who is just entering the building.

Thinking that it is probably Cole, I turn around but immediately stiffen when I look at the attractive boy walking in with his bag hanging off of his shoulder.

"Holy shit." I mutter, my eyes widening as I take in the image of the new kid. Well, I'm pretty sure this guy is new because if he attended here, I'm pretty sure I would've seen him.

Someone that attractive doesn't hide from my eyes that easily.

"I shot gun him." I hear Maya whisper as we watch as the guy walk past us. I elbow her in the ribs and narrow my eyes at her.

"You can't just 'shot gun' him." I say and Maya smirks.

"Why not? You have Cole and I have the new boy. Now, if you will excuse me, I am going to introduce myself to the fine specimen..." Maya says, walking off and my eyes go wide at her words.

I have... Cole? How in the world did she come up with that?

The bell rings and I find myself walking slowly to my class, the thought beginning to control my mind.

●●●

I watch as Maya comes running up to me, a wide grin on her face. I stop and hold my tray of food close to my chest, hoping that Maya doesn't make me drop it.

No one messes with my food.

"Guess what, guess what?" Maya asks, her eyes wide. I raise my eyebrow at her and wait for her to continue.

"Liam is coming to sit at our table today!" Maya says and I furrow my eyebrows.

"Liam?" I ask and Maya rolls her eyes.

"The new guy?" Maya says and my mouth drops.

"How did you manage that?" I ask and Maya grins.

"My looks."

"You probably offered to fuck him." I say with a grin and Maya gasps, hitting shoulder. I wince and look at Maya, my eyes narrowing.

"Don't make me drop my food." I say before walking over to my table that I usually sit at. I place my tray of food on the table and take my seat, watching as Maya takes her seat next to me.

All of a sudden, just as I am about to shove a chip into my mouth, Maya waves her hand in the air, hitting the chip out of my hand and making it land on the ground. I growl and send Maya a glare, knowing that she is too busy waving to the new boy - wait, is that who she is waving to?

I look up at notice that the guy with dark, chocolate brown hair and bright green eyes begins to make his way over to our table, a small smirk on his face. My eyes widen and I drop my head back down to the food that is in front of me.

Wow, he is so damn gorgeous!

I hear the chair scrape back and I can't help but look up and stare at Liam again. His brown hair is up in a quiff and his bright green eyes are staring at me - wait... me?