Chapter Twelve

Danielle's P.O.V

"We are not dating, for fucks sake." I scream in frustration, looking away from my mom who keeps sending Andrea happy glances. Cole notices my frustration and decides to talk.

"She is right. We aren't dating and I'll prove it." Cole says and I look at him with confusion, my anger quickly washing away and turning into worry.

"What?" I ask and Cole turns to me.

"The date." He mouths and I nod slowly.

"Yeah, I have a date tomorrow night." I say, looking up at my mom and I watch as her face falls into a frown.

"With who?" She asks and I take in a deep breath.

"Joshua." I say quietly and my mom's eyes widen.

"What!" She screeches and I let out a sigh and get off the couch, walking towards my room.

"I don't want to talk about this now." I say and walk to my bed. I hear Cole saying 'goodnight' to both my mom and his and a few seconds later, he walks into my room closing the door behind him.

"I honestly have so much on my mind right now." I confess and Cole walks over to his bed and sits down, crossing his legs.

"Anyway I could help?" Cole asks and I shake my head.

"No." I say, climbing under my covers. Cole nods and does the same, looking up at me as I watch him.

"You know, I found it quite funny." Cole says and I narrow my eyes at him.

"What exactly?" I ask and Cole smirks.

"When we got caught, your face completely turned red and to be honest, that was the first time I saw you blush hard like that. Even though it was amusing, I found it a little cute." Cole says and I know he is just trying to lighten time mood. I roll my eyes and roll over, my back facing Cole.

"Shut up and sleep." I say and Cole let's out a chuckle.

"Goodnight, Danielle." Cole says before I finally drift off into a peaceful sleep.

●●●

I look in the mirror at my twig-like body and let out a sigh, running my hands through my hair.

Ever since my father died, it's like I completely started to be someone I never wanted to be. I only at rarely, I never got out of bed and I never got any sleep. Unlike my mother, who still acted like nothing happened, I changed and even though everyone was worried about me, that didn't even compare to how much I was worried about myself inside.

I am dragged out of my thoughts when I notice Cole standing beside me, looking into the mirror.

"Its nearly seven." Cole speaks and I nod.

"I know." I say and once again, as I find myself looking at my reflection, I am interrupted by a knock on my door.

"Hey Danielle, can I talk to you for a sec?" My mom asks and I put on a small smile and nod, moving towards my bed. My mom gives Cole an apologetic look and as if they are talking with their eyes, he nods and walks out of the room, closing the door behind him. My mom makes her way over to me and sits down next to me, breathing out a sad sigh.

I know where this conversation is leading to.

"Danielle, I really don't want you to go on this date with Joshua. It's just... I really don't trust him." My mom says and I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, I know but it will only be this once." I say and my mom frowns.

"Why? What have you done now?" My mom asks, confusion clear in her tone and I grin at her, standing up and placing a hand on my mom's shoulder.

"Its just a little bet Cole and I have going on. He thinks I'm jealous of him and his whore's so we made a bet." I say, a small smirk playing on my lips.

He better have my fifty dollars ready.

"Whats the bet?" My mom asks, her eyebrows furrowing.

"If I go on a date with a boy, I'm not jealous but if I don't, I am. Simple." I explain and my mom grins, nodding.

"Okay well, have fun!" My mom says, jumping up and running out of my room. I shake my head at my mom.

She is one confusing woman.

I walk out of my room and when I hear a knock on the door, I grin and make my way towards it, opening the door.

"Well hello, Josh." I smile and Josh grins.

"Good evening, Dani." Josh says, holding out his hand. I smile and look back to see Cole clenching his jaw as he watches the both of us. I send him a wave before grabbing Josh's hand.

"Shall we go?"

"We shall."

●●●

Really short chapter but I'm sorry, I had to end it here because I have a plan with the next chapter. Again, I'm really sorry.

You know what to do.

Vote

Comment

Share

I love you all and hopefully I'll update soon.

-XmysterysmileX