Chapter Twenty Six

Danielle's P.O.V

"Uh, I'm sorry... what?" I ask, looking between Cole and Hailey. Cole sighs, running a hand through his hair.

"I'm going to go put some clothes on. In the meantime... I don't know." Cole says quickly before running up the stairs, clinging onto his towel. I turn back to look at Hailey.

"Why are you here?" I ask, narrowing my eyes at the girl.

I swear, my life is a fucking cliché...

"I came to talk to Cole. Is that a problem?" Hailey asks and I grip at the door handle.

Slam the door, my brain says but I don't do it just yet. I want to see why this bitch is at my doorstep.

"Yes, it is. You see, this is my house and I don't like uninvited visitors. So, please, just go and fuck someone else." I say, slamming the front door shut. I turn my my heel to see Cole with an amused smile on his face. He is wearing a grey hoodie and grey sweatpants, his hair sticking up in many directions.

Fuck.

"Well, that was interesting." Cole comments, taking a step towards me.

I roll my eyes. "You should probably go and check how your ex is doing. I think I broke her nose." I say, earning a laugh from Cole.

"Jealous?" Cole asks, making me furrow my eyebrows.

"We've talked about this before. So drop it." I comment, earning a roll of the eyes from Cole. He walks past me and towards the door.

"So you wouldn't mind me going with Hailey to grab a bite?" Cole asks, a smirk on his face. At his words, I feel my heart clench.

Yes, I think to myself but that isn't what comes out of my mouth.

"No. Go ahead." I say and Cole nods slowly.

"Good. I'll be back soon." And with that, he leaves the house. I hear a few muffled voices but I decide to not pay attention as I make my way towards my room.

He doesn't even know what he is doing to me!

Tell him then, my brain tells me but I breathe out a sigh, shaking against it.

"I can't let him know. It will fuck everything up." I mutter before crashing down onto my bed. Suddenly, I feel a small tear fall down my cheek but before the rest make its way down, I close my eyes tight.

Why am I so emotional? So weak? This isn't me at all.

I really need a night out. A night away from reality.

Suddenly, I grab my phone and get up from my bed, grabbing a jacket out of my closet.

First I'm going to apologize to Maya.

Then, we are so going to get wasted.

●●●

"No," Maya says, crossing her arms over her chest. She is about to close the door with her foot until I stop her, my eyes wide.

"What do you mean 'no'? I said sorry!" I nearly shout and Maya turns her head, not looking at me anymore. In anger, I clench my jaw. "Maya..." I call but she doesn't look over at me.

"Maya, I said I'm sorry. I didn't mean what I said." I mumble, running a hand through my hair. "Please stop being mad at me. I hate seeing you like this."

"Well, for your information, I wouldn't be so angry if it wasn't for you." Maya mutters, looking over at me and sending me a hard glare. I sigh, nodding.

"I know and I'm sorry." I say for the hundredth time. Suddenly, an idea pops into my head, making me smile. "If you won't forgive me then I'll just have to go and sing karaoke by myself..." I trail off, about to turn around until Maya grabs at my hand.

"Wait... I forgive you."

With a smile, I bring her into a hug. "I knew you would."

●●●

We walk into the small building, hearing the awful singing come from a girl who looks about twenty five. The way she is leaning side to side with singing I'm Not The Only One by Sam Smith tells me that she is way over the limit.

"Maya! Danielle! I haven't seen you here since you were little!" I hear someone say, bringing me out of my thoughts. I look over to my left, recognizing the guy straight away.

"Hey Bobby, how have you been?" I ask, a small smile forming onto my face. Bobby is the owner of this place and Maya and I always used to come to this place on our birthday... that was until my father died.

"I've been good. So, you two come back to sing your way back to first place?" Bobby smirks, looking over at the chalkboard that is next to speakers. I grin at Maya, nodding.

"Definitely."

Let me explain something. The boars doesn't show the best singers, they show the worst. The worst singer that the audience votes on is first place and so on. It's actually really fun. Maya and I were the best when it came to the competition but back then, we didn't have alcohol in our system, just a lot of coke.

But now, that's going to change.

The girl that is up on the small stage has now finished singing and everyone claps. Bobby grabs the microphone, a small smile on his face. "Good job Rebecca! Now, audience, it's your turn to judge. Please, raise your glass if you think Rebecca had what it takes to hit first place, knocking Sylvia out of the running?"

A few people raise their glass, earning a small grin from Rebecca who is still tilting side to side. After a few seconds, Bobby talk again into the microphone. "From what I can see, Rebecca, you don't get first place but what you get is a free drink of your choice for participating." Bobby smiles and the audience claps.

I give Bobby an amused look. "Shouldn't she stop drinking? She looks like she will pass out any second." I say and Bobby looks over at me, returned the amused look.

"Never take away alcohol from a sad woman. That is clearly a recipe for a disaster."

Maya chuckles. "Reason why your wife left you." Maya jokes and Bobby looks over at her, a small grin on his face.

"Still cheeky as always." Bobby says with a laugh. "You two better take your seats. You will be up next after this man." Bobby says, pointing at a guy who is making his way on the stage.

"Three minutes to consume as much alcohol as possible. Ready, Maya?" I whisper to her and she nods, a grin on her face.

"You know it."

●●●

Woah, I haven't updated in forever! This chapter is a little boring but the next chapter will be better, I promise. I mean, come on, at least I updated right?

You know what to do.

Vote

Comment

Share

I love you all and hopefully I'll update soon.

-XmysterysmileX