Chapter Twenty Seven

Danielle's P.O.V

"Now, ladies and gentlemen! Please welcome these two wonderful girls to the stage with a round of applause!" Bobby says loudly into the microphone, earning the audience to clap as a result of his words.

As Maya and I make our way onto the stage, Bobby shoots us a grin. "Here you go, ladies." Bobby says, handing us each a microphone. When he walks off the stage, I glance over at the crowd who are waiting for us to begin, downing shots while they are at it.

I turn to Maya with a small grin. "What are we even going to sing?" I ask, making sure to keep the microphone away from my mouth. Maya returns the grin.

"Oh you know exactly what we are going to sing." Maya says and before I can question further, she looks at the guy standing behind us, a computer in front of him. She tells him something, earning a nod from him. When she turns back to me, she stands in a familiar dancing position which makes my grin widen.

The song Barbie Girl by Aqua begins to play and everyone nearly looks like they are about to spit out their drinks. The dance routine for this song that Maya and I rehearsed to all the time when we were young floats into my mind and I begin to dance with Maya, also singing the words.

Tonight it's just going to be Maya and I.

It's like what I always used to say:

Chick's before dicks.

●●●

After dropping Maya back at her place since her mom wanted her home, I decide to make my way back to my place at three in the morning - or that's what I think the time is.

As I walk on the pathway, I let out a giggle. I'm so drunk... I think to myself as I run my hands through my hair.

Wait... I can't walk home this late, I think to myself as I stop walking. I grab my phone out of my pocket and immediately go to my contacts, looking at Cole's name on the screen.

No, I can't call him. I mean, the last time I saw him, he was getting ready to go out with his whore of an ex. Wait... can I call her that? I don't even know who she is so I shouldn't judge... but then again, who the fuck cares? Not me!

I can't believe that bitch though... how does she even know that Cole is staying with me? Creepy much? Well, what should I expect from an ex girlfriend of his? He was pretty good in bed...

What the fuck am I thinking? No, Danielle, stop being stupid.

Maybe I should call him... I think to myself.

I look down at my phone, my eyes looking at his name.

Don't call him. Don't call him. Don't call-

"Hello?" I hear Cole's voice fill my ears and I look down at the phone, my eyes wide.

Say something, idiot, I shout at myself.

"I need you." I breathe out, my heart beginning to race.

"Are you drunk, Danielle? Where are you?" Cole asks and I rub my eyebrow, closing my eyes for a brief second. This vodka is really getting to me... I think to myself as I begin to look around. All I can see if a few street lights and a few cars parked.