Chapter Sixteen

[ listen to I don't want to live forever by taylor swift and zayne while reading this ]

Danielle's P.O.V

Cole's soft lips continue to move against mine and after a few seconds, my hands move desperately to Cole's neck as I kiss him back. Cole grabs a hold of my waist and lifts me up, my legs immediately wrapping around his waist to hold myself up.

Cole bites on my bottom lip and I hold in the moan that wants to escape. I run my hands through Cole's soft hair and continue to kiss him until I realise that we both need air.

We pull away and I look into Cole's eyes which seem to hold so much emotion, it begins to worry me. I look down at his lips, trying to ignore the tingling feeling on my lips. Cole looks into my green eyes and a small smile appears on his lips.

"That definitely calmed you down." Cole says and my eyes widen in disbelief. I quickly get out of Cole's grasp and move away from Cole, tears stinging in my eyes.

Why the hell am I crying?

I quickly turn around and bite my lip. "I'm... sorry I kissed you back." I say before running into my room and locking the door behind me. I drop to the floor and lean against the door, letting the tears fall.

"Danielle, I'm confused." I hear Cole say and I hold onto my shaking hands.

So am I.

"Please... leave me alone." I say and Cole breathes out a heavy sigh but doesn't say anything. I rest my hands on the top of my head and close my eyes.

Why am I crying? Why did I even kiss Cole back? Why am I now hiding away from Cole?

So many questions are running through my head as I let the tears fall but the one question that stands out makes my heart clench in realisation.

Am I feeling something for Cole?

●●●

After many hours of staying up thinking about everything, I finally decided to get some sleep but the only problem is that I can't.

The things that I am confused about is why Cole kissed me. Did he only kiss me to shut me up and calm me down? From what I felt, I thought Cole was actually attracted to me but I guess not.

In the past, the only time I felt like this was when a guy who was just like Cole took my virginity and threw me away like I was a garbage bag. You see, the guy and I sort of had a 'friends with benefits' thing going but we were only making out and kissing until one night when we both got pretty drunk. I think it was the night after my father has been pronounced dead and thats probably why I wasn't thinking at all.

When I told him I was ready, he didn't ask any questions and got straight into it. The next day, I felt amazing. The guy I had a huge crush on at the time took my innocence away and I thought that we would be together and live happier ever after. That didn't happen. I found him sleeping with some other girl downstairs and thats when I knew that I was the one who fucked up, not him. I got myself into this and expected that I could change the player but of course, I was wrong.

I felt so disgusted after and I never talked to the guy again and he didn't try to get through to me. He kept doing the exact same thing with other girls; sleeping with them then throwing them away just like he did to me. I knew from that day on, I would never trust anyone like I trusted him and I kept my guard up at all times. That is probably why I am the major bitch I am today; to act strong.