6 - JANE

"I'm your sister, Jane."

❇ ️❇️ ❇️

JANE'S POV

Her hair looks ruffled as if she never brushed her hair for years. Her eyes are droopy, and her face looked worn. She reminded me of when I competed with my father on the battlefield back in my hometown.

Is this what fate has done to us?

After all these years, I didn't know she's alive. All I can think of is if she is fine by herself or what actually happened to her by now. I've mastered my powers just to see her every day yet it wasn't enough.

My hometown was assassinated by the Outsiders. When I escaped, I discovered this strange island of mutation, not knowing I became a rebel with a bad reputation on this island.

My family was the bravest among the other villagers back there and I'm lucky to be adopted by a family who can risk their lives for their country and to the numerous soldiers of King Zankoku. We lived in Diamond Delicates where Zankoku also planned to assassinate and rule almost half of Takara island. If he succeeded in ruling the whole part of our island, countless lives will disappear, including my island's treasures. 95.5 percent of Takara is made out of jewels, gems, and prosperity and it's been 45 years since the outsiders took our island. As time goes by, the power of its magic wilts. The less of the magic it bears, the more Outsiders will come. That someday, they will have our island under misery because Zankoku has risen to empower the throne.

"I never had a sister," she snapped, making me feel the reality again. 

"My parents told me that I was the only one that they cherished from the pesky hands of the outsiders." She was assassinated too? How far did that bastard empower the other territories? "Look, you don't understand. The truth is, you are adopted by your parents like what actually happened to me. We got separat—"

"BANANA GUARDS, CEASE HER!"

"Please, I need to explain. She is my sister!" I tried to get off the hands of the guards but my strength wasn't enough. I was about to holler out until a needle pinched my skin.

The ooze of the liquid began spreading in my veins. The collision of warmth and frost surrounded my mind and my body.

"Psh, that's what they all say," the princess retorted, dragging me away from reality and into the jail bus I was sent in.

❇ ❇ ❇

YOUR POV

"I'm your sister, Jane!"

"(Y/n)!"

I bolted from the couch momentarily where I saw a pale face looking down at me. His eyes had bags underneath and his lips were dry as the dessert. Jake approached Finn with warmth forming from his mouth. They were gazing back at me with their usual reaction. "What...?" I run my fingertips through my hair groggily before looking up to see Finn once again. "A-are you okay?" he blurted out.

"Finn..." I sighed, letting my words slip from my tongue smoothly. I've been living with them for a week now, and Finn's been overprotective since the day we became friends and such. Although, I understand his attitude towards me. But the way he's acting paranoid scares me too.

I care for him as much as he cares for me.

"I'm okay, don't worry about it..." I half-smiled. He did the same too, settling himself down from the couch.

I diverted myself from the melancholy skies of the windows. It was gloomy and cold.

"Do you want to go outside?" Finn's voice echoed in the tree fort while Jake's snickers are heard from the background. He shrank himself into his small size then landed inside Finn's shirt pocket. I hysterically laughed before responding a nod as we shifted out from the treehouse.

❇️ ❇ ️❇️

That night...

"Help..." a soft voice of despair was heard from the lonely cages of the dungeon.

You followed the flare that became one of your childhood memories as you stumbled upon the entrance to the dungeon.

The guards of the kingdom were visible for the night so it was difficult for you to enter the doorway towards your destination. Following the-wisp that hunted your dreams twenty-four seven, it opened a secret hideaway that cannot be seen by anyone except you. Its radiance touched the gleaming emerald color of the bushes—behind the kingdom—where the back of the dungeon takes place. You leisurely let yourself in, absorbing the luminosity of the wisp creating its path. Fluttering your eyes open, there you saw a familiar figure of your sister, in the iron bars she pleaded breathlessly.

You gasp in bewilderment. You had no idea why you followed the flare in the first place despite the unusual dreams you see every night.

Tomorrow is the day when your sister will taste her punishment. It depends on the princess and the citizens if she will ever be accepting the silence of death or going back where she came from.

"W-what the hell am I doing here? What are you doing to me?"

"(Y/n)..." her voice trails off. You tried to back out but the flare that you followed disappeared, particularly the glowing pathway from outside. "Please help me. I promise not to hurt you. I was tortured too. My parents are killed and I escaped from the Outsiders," she spoke, gripping through the iron bars to catch your attention.

You softly brush your feet from the ground, scuffing near her presence. She had bruises all over her arms and a stain of blood from the scar on her face. You pursed your lips, all of a sudden, then sat down in front of the cage to confront her.

As soon as you sat down, you felt this strange connection once again.

"They...did this to you?" you brushed your hair in frustration, receiving a warm welcoming smile from your twin.

"Yes... they did."

"The princess?"

"No, the outsiders."

Jane showed her right palm where the light of the wisp flaunted. The wisp became figures of raucous men in red color. The other pint of light became pink and it was her family suffering from the presence of the Outsiders. The radiance of red empowered her family's figures where it succumbed on its own blaze. She flittered her left hand's fingers, above her palm, changing the dancing lights into white where her figure ran away.

"You're an outcast too?"

She hummed, "Yeah. That's why I followed your wisp."

"My wisp? I had no idea about those magical creatures."

"Well, it's because..."

The booming noise of the gates overflowed the silence. Princess Bubblegum and the banana guards are seen from the darkness. They are all staring at you, specifically Princess Bubblegum.

"Y/n? Wh-what are you doing here?!"

"Princess? She...she's from my hometown. She won't hurt me."

"I promise."

The sweet princess of the candy kingdom, along with her guards, approached you. She had a scrunched-up face this time, a hint of irritation overpowering her tone.

"I don't know about that. You really need to undergo serious tests before I let you roam in Ooo." Princess Bubblegum mumbled in response to the silence they all shared.

"Don't let this go out offhand. We're still observing you."