19 - LITTLE MISS Y/N

FINN'S POV 

"Y-Y/n?"

"What happened to you? You've become—"

"Powerful? Of course! Isn't it obvious?" 

"You...you mean, you want it that way?" She zoomed next to me, face to face.

"I've been meaning to do this for years, Finn..." she rose my chin haughtily, "I've been meaning to..." she chuckled.

"...to kill you and our friends, Finn..." she whispered and laughed maniacally in the open area. 

"You betrayed us."

Y/n immediately lunged forward, screaming in a string of threats and curses. "I am not a betrayer!" she hoisted her hand above her, summoning her power. 

I swooped over her force field, charging my sword for an attack but she kept on throwing an orb of black magic that made me trip and slide. I glimpsed at Jake and the others but they still struggled in their muffle breaths in their cages. What should I do now? 

The bell. 

"Run all you want, human. You'll never escape this hell." Y/n suddenly flapped her wings towards me as I stumble down across the rough surface. Luckily, the bell from my arm was chimed. A golden Phoenix appeared in my perspective. I hid behind the boulders, away from her, waiting for the phoenix to fully develop, "Yes?" 

"Can you help me out here?" 

"You can run and hide all you want but you can never escape my palace!"

"Since she has a power to control minds, hit her head to distract her in a dizzy spell. A rock is enough to knock her down." 

"What?" 

"Didn't you hear what I just said?" 

"Y-yes. But, I just can't hurt her like that—"

"Then I won't argue with you anymore," he disappeared. 

"No, wait!" 

"Finn, I know you're there~" 

I'm sorry, Y/n. I have to do this to save you. 

"Then fight me, you freak!" I threw a stone at her wing. Once she lost her balance, Jake and the others began squirming around. When I finally got the chance to run next to them, I searched for valuable material to open the cages.

"There's nothing I can find."

"Then try hitting her again. Imagine her wings are the two divisions in her brain if you can't hit her face. The more she loses her balance, the less she controls, get it?" 

"Ye—"

"I WON'T LET YOU GET AWAY THIS TIME, FINN!" 

"Finn hit her now!" Jake yelled.

Hesitantly, I thought of a safe plan to not hurt her in the face. 

"What are you waiting for? Go!"

"J-jake. I can't." I held the rock beside me, staring at them confused. "Then free us from these cages. We'll help you distract her."

"SHUT UP!"

Everyone was quiet. Their bodies are somehow paralyzed as if they were all in a liquid state. Once Y/n met up with my gaze again, I hid the rock behind me, waiting for her to interrogate more. To see how her mind is entirely controlled by Lich hurts me but watching my friends suffer like that, infuriated me. 

"No friends, no help! Let's see if you can do this on your own." she retorted with a matching killer smile, dragging me upwards telekinetically. Just as I spot her damaged wing, I quickly hurled the rock at the other which was shot at her face straight away. 

I didn't even expect that it'll be a lucky bull's eye. 

"Sorry."

"FINN!" Jake wrapped his arms around me, the others regaining their energy.

"You're going to pay the damage, human boy." 

Y/n's wings lost most of their feathers and her face had an enormous bleeding lump.

"What happened to her?"

"Gone all mad, Finn." PB spoke, "Did you got frustrated with her? I think we can't put her face back if she ever goes back to her real self."

"What?!"

Before we noticed how swollen her face turned out, everyone was in their heroic positions. Princess Bubblegum held two guns, Marceline grew herself large, Jake shapeshifted into a fist then I stood before them, thrusting my sword against Y/n.

I can tell how hard this is to defeat her and from the looks of it, it sure is difficult to bring her face back. I'm sorry though, but if it's the only way, then we have to act like we don't know you, ever. 

"This is going to be so painful," Jake chuckled, followed by a laugh from the background. We tried to look for its owner yet no one appears to be in presence. Did Y/n easily got back-ups? 

"You know you can hear me, Finn the Human."

"Lich?!" I squinted my eyes, unable to see his figure. Y/n was suddenly rose upwards.

"A concussion wouldn't hurt a human, right?" he emphasized the last word sternly, "In just a snap of my fingers, I could turn her back to normal and so that the pain can kill her."

"SHOW YOURSELF, YOU COWARD!"

*SNAP* 

"Y/N!"

❇ ❇ ❇

- edited