26 - TILL WE MEET AGAIN

(NARRATION)

"Aiko...Aiko..."

The atmosphere began bursting in frozen flakes, making it white.

A flare of pink light appeared from the distance. The Takaran princess clutched her chest to alleviate the pain. She leisurely straightened her curved back while bleeding on the ground. Y/n opened her eyes and saw the light emerging from the air. She rubbed her eyes in confusion. The wisp became two human figures that glowed every time they approach her.

"Who are you?" Y/n's voice was full of apathy.

"I said 'Who are you?'!" she said sternly. The two glowing strangers smiled at her then continued, "We're your real parents."

Seeing the glow from her hands, Y/n moved as quickly as possible. She momentarily raised her both hands to examine them more but the royal couple began walking near her. "It's okay, Aiko. We won't hurt you. Use your power to heal."

The woman who had braided locks caressed her cheek. Once she wiped the tears from her face, the tears became crystal flakes. The man in a blonde beard scrunched down to touch Y/n's hand. The glow from her hand became pink. Its brightness augmented the whole room, covering herself with pink light. 

"We love you, Aiko. We love you..."

They both vanished into thin air and Y/n was left in tears. Her crystal tears scattered all over her thighs. A light healed her chest.

The cuts disappeared to bring her skin back. She stood up in wobbly legs then walked towards the visible golden door from miles away.

This dimension wasn't difficult as she thought.

It was quite easy to escape.

But, it's not how it works.

The light dimension is nothing but a hallucination.

If you walk close to the golden door you presumed, then it won't be that easy.

The dimension is said to be hallucinating you until you lose your mind.

Even if the room is all decorated in white,

It's not as simple as that.

It will flash those unforgettable memories.

And the only thing to escape its traps is to fight them.

Fight them with your courage and you'll have the ability to escape. The endless room started to flash different colors. When it finally stopped to a scene from her past, it flashed the day when Takara was invaded by Outsiders. Y/n's smile faded away. She heard the deafening beat of her heart—the rhythm that never stopped.

The rhythm that she heard when she ran away.

As she watches the scene from her room—the scene when her step-parents were killed; the scene when she was running away—she fell on her knees, bawling and screaming; squirming like when she was captured.

"No, no... NO!"

Her voice echoed once again. She was struggling with her own thoughts.

She tugged her hair in frustration, covering herself up in tears. Then as the minutes pass by, thorned roots wrapped her in crestfallenness.

❇ ️❇️ ❇️

"One...Two...Thr—"

"Let's go!"

Marceline dragged Finn away from the wall they were hiding from. Lumpy Space Princess did the same too but to Jake instead. As they completely leave the hiding spot to make a scene, Finn feigned his innocence. The streets weren't that busy as they all assumed. The ambiance felt like they were really acting for a project.