22 - MELLOW HEARTS

Four days later... 

(MEANWHILE IN TAKARA ISLAND)

All gems of Takara that were buried underneath the island, began to rust, turn gray and break into smaller pieces. Zankoku often visits this underground passageway since he used to keep all the treasuries—away from the other Outsiders to avoid being taken away from him.

When he took one from it, it started turning gray. If gems in Takara turned gray, the power of the island starts to disappear. No Takaran people are purifying the environment. These gems were only locked up in a place where they cannot absorb light to make the island glow.

After the ruthless king of Outsiders brought the gem to his throne, he ordered his men to bring the princess of Takara. Jane was dragged by the Outsiders from the Fate Witch's room with a tight grasp. She wore a thin, long-back lace dress, dirtied and ripped to show the bruises on her arms, thighs, and cheeks. Ever since she was locked up and chained by the outsiders in the Fate Witch's room, she tried winning against them. She begged for Phoebe's help only to be supervised by the one and only Zankoku. 

"What do you want?" Jane uttered her words under her husky voice of vengeance. Phoebe, the Fate Witch, stood by Zankoku's side to do a daring move. The cruel king of Takara stood before her, thrusting his sword against Jane. "I want you to tell me why this ruby," he showed the gem from his hands then resumed, "turned gray. Did you called help from your spirits or what?"

Jane shoved her arm from the tight grasp of the Outsider, glaring at Zankoku profoundly, "You made that gray, bastard."

"Watch your words, young lady," he flashed a mischievous smile while sliding the sharp end of his sword through the tiles of the kingdom. "If you ever slip those pesky words once again, you'll never heave your last breath," he gripped on her jaw then forced her to see the collection of all chopped heads from the shelf near the throne. "So tell me," he steps near Jane's figure as he aimed the end of his sword at her throat, "why did this gem turn gray?"

"Shouldn't you be asking Phoebe about that?"

"Interrogate me more, I'll kill you in just a millisecond."

"Then do it! Do you want the answer to your query then? Kill me. All you want to do is kill someone, then, go, kill me like you always want to! If I die, you wouldn't know what curse you've put yourself into."

Jane simpered, spitting at his sword, "Fucker."

"Wait!" Phoebe yelled.

"There is one way to restore the power of Takara."

"Phoebe!"

"Shut up!" Zankoku had every courage he mustered. He slapped Jane's face forcefully until she hits the ground with great impact.

When a Takaran princess had the last torture, she'll turn into a beautiful gem unless her glow and her twin's glow are bound together. She'll go back to herself and restore what has to be restored.

Scales of ruby, sapphire, pearl, and amethyst gems began to surpass her tortured figure. All bruises, cuts, swells, and red marks on her skin were sealed with great beauty. She must be filled with the glow of great affection or else the curse will not be broken before she completely gets overtaken by it.

Restoring the power of Takara is done in serious ways and is only capable for royal twins. If their glow combines, they can replace the heart of Takara, the red diamond, so the island itself will grow strong.

❇ ❇ ❇

After three consecutive days of high fever and headaches, good luck had the urge to visit you in the hospital. Since you had a nutrient deficiency, you only had the medicine during your fourth day because Princess Bubblegum had to understand the human nervous system to fully create medicine for you.