When Two Heads Collide

It was nine pm before Michael left the hospital. He had forgotten everything else about speaking with Ms. Wilson and the changes she made with the patients. He was beat. Michael smiled because he knew he had done a good job and helping the children made it all worth it. A soft smile touches his lips.

At home Michael made a light dinner and watched Family Ties on tv then got in the shower and went to bed. He didn’t bother with the news he was too tired. Crawling between the cool sheets felt so good and made him relax and before long, Michael was sound asleep.

Michelle walked to her car, she asked security to walk with her as it was almost 10 when she left. She was beat. Michelle drove home to Van Nuys and headed straight for the showers. No tv, no music, just shower. Once she was out of the shower she made herself a small chef salad and went to bed. She watched the news as she ate and saw that the fire is still raging and there were more accidents on the road so she steeled herself for more running. The question was, where would they put the new arrivals. She didn’t think about talking with Dr. Jackson just taking in the new patiens and getting the numbers up high. The patients were their first priority. Michelle closed her eyes and …..deep sleep took over.

Michelle arrives first to the hospital and parks in Michael’s parking. It was clearly marked Dr. Jackson. But Michelle parked there anyway. Michael pulled in right behind her and honked his horn. Michelle just ignored him and stayed put. She turned off her engine and got out. Michael reved his engine and she looked back at him sort of and then kept walking Michael honked and still she kept walking. Michael was livid at the rudeness. He raced in front of her and stopped she she had to look at him. Putting his window down he looked at her angrily.

Michael; Do you not know how to read?? It clearly saids Dr. Jackson. You can move it OR I will have it towed.

Michelle; You will do nothing of the sort. I will move it later I have things to do inside and my spot was blocked again.

Michael; That isn’t my problem, it’s yours. Move your car please.

Michelle; Walked around the car and kept walking inside.

Michael; Okay lady. You were warned. Michael called Fox Towing and had the car towed.  30 minutes later when the car was towed out of there Michael pulled in and parked.

He hated being that way. It was against his nature, his down home friendly country boy nature but this woman in the two days they have been in the same building and althought not met officially, he wants to ring her neck. Shaking his head, taking a deep breath. Today is going to be a bitch but it’s important for the children they put their pettiness at the door hear and do their very best inside for them. Michael shut off the engine and went inside to begin his day.

The day was much like yesterday. There were several admittals but mostly getting the patients situated and their treatments continuing or getting underway. Michael and Michelle again both bumped into each other and both were still wearing surgical attire so they did not get a good look at each other. This morning when she arrived she had a hat on and a sweater that covered a good view of her. Something told him he had seen her before but…where? Hmmmmm…

In the afternoon, the got a break and were able to sit back and do a more accurate head count. Nurse Ross gave Michael the numbers for the seven areas he is responsible for and told him that Ms. Wilson is again undoing everything he had worked to do for the patients. This made him very angry.